Home
Posted By: Sullyk New Camera Suggestions - 04/24/11
Any suggestions on a new digital camera that is high enough quality to look profressional on a website, easy to use, won't break the bank??

Also any suggestions where to buy??

Thanks.
Posted By: CameraLand Re: New Camera Suggestions - 04/24/11
What are you trying to post on a website? Keep in mind you do not want a huge file on a website as the bigger the file the longer the image takes to load.
That said, the Nikon D3100 is a great choice as are the Canon T3i and the Sony A55. If you want something on the small side the Olympus EPL2 is awesome.
Let me know the answer to what I asked and I can suggest exactly what you need.
Happy to help
Posted By: greentimber Re: New Camera Suggestions - 04/28/11
I just picked up a used canon xs with the kit lens. I'm no pro (ie; completely untrained) but have been able to get some great shots already, much better than with a point & shoot. You can get a he'll of alot these days for $500 or so.
If you are looking for a point-and-shoot, I would say the Canon G12. Manual controls allow you get the exact exposure you're looking for in difficult situations. The hot shoe allows you to use a larger flash if needed. The camera does a great job of matching the the flash to ambient light, something that surprised me. The image quality is excellent, about the same as my Nikon D2X.
The video quality is good too, except the audio quality is terrible in wind, as you would probably guess.
I used a G11 on a recent week-long sailing trip and it was virtually the only camera I used, I only pulled out my D2X a couple of times when I needed longer glass.
I think the price is around $500 and well worth it.
© 24hourcampfire