Home
Posted By: northern_dave kodak point and tase - 01/06/12
We got my 7 yr old son a kodak easy share mini point and shoot cam for Christmas because he loves snapping pictures.

I think it was around a $70 camera.

That little camera will shock the hell out of you.

Let me clarify that statement... I do not mean that it will astound you with it's photo quality, what I mean is the [bleep] thing will give you an electric shock like a taser!!

The poor little guy, he was just crying his eyes out all confused, couldn't catch his breath...

He said the camera hurt him, "burned him" was his best explaination.

We were at a loss, we held the little camera and inspected it trying to figure out what he could mean.

ZAP!! Sonofa!! Holy chit!!

Yeah, me and the wife both got it. The G'damn camera is sitting on a counter top in the kitchen now because everybody is afraid to touch it.
Posted By: mudhen Re: kodak point and tase - 01/06/12
Damn! I would sure take it back to wherever you purchased it. If they won't help, email Kodak--mention the possibility of consulting an attorney...
Posted By: northern_dave Re: kodak point and tase - 01/06/12
I passed through the 17 gates of telephone automated options, selected english and got an asian woman who's english was almost good enough to be called "broken"

The connection was poor and the call was lost.

On my second try i got the first woman's sister I think...

As close as I can tell, they are sending me a "sipping waybow foe yoo pee ess"

I'm not entirely clear but it seems as though I am to ship the camera back to kodak so they can investigate.

"If dey fine camwa bwoke not fwum watta or impack, they weepaiw or weepwace fwee of chaage. If watta or impack, they give cost to weepaiw."

"muss kopy all uv emaiws and enta cwaim numba on outside box"

crazy

[bleep] it, we're taking it back to walmart and telling them it gives you a shock. If they don't believe us they can try it for themselves.

grin

Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: kodak point and tase - 01/06/12
Now you know why Kodak stock has dropped 80% in the last year and why the NYSE has threatened to delist them. Stockholders are going to get shocked, too.
Posted By: northern_dave Re: kodak point and tase - 01/06/12
I heard they are filing bankruptcy
Posted By: jpb Re: kodak point and tase - 01/06/12
Originally Posted by northern_dave
<snip> As close as I can tell, they are sending me a "sipping waybow foe yoo pee ess"

"If dey fine camwa bwoke not fwum watta or impack, they weepaiw or weepwace fwee of chaage. If watta or impack, they give cost to weepaiw."

"muss kopy all uv emaiws and enta cwaim numba on outside box"

northern dave make John ROR! wink

[Linked Image]

John
Posted By: northern_dave Re: kodak point and tase - 01/07/12
Pam done good, she exchanged the little kodak mini for a kodak easy share sport. It's a different model completely, it's water proof to 10 feet too so it's a better cam for my 7 yr old boy.

And we didn't have to "mess awound wiff sipping it back to kodak foe inspek an weepaiw."
Posted By: djpaintless Re: kodak point and tase - 01/07/12
This would be pretty funny if it was just you and not a child getting zapped.........dj
Posted By: djpaintless Re: kodak point and tase - 01/07/12
I hope your child gets a usable camera to exercise their creativity with......dj
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: kodak point and tase - 01/07/12
I'm suprised you didn't keep it for practical jokes on friends.

I should have seen who posted this thread before reading it though. Two weeks ago I took the worst fall in 40 years of skiing and my sternum still hurts when I laugh.

Sucks when it hurts to ROR laugh
Little Joe has his sporty new cam now and he's just thrilled, taking pictures of everything and everybody here tonight. grin

Posted By: Rooster7 Re: kodak point and tase - 01/07/12
ROR

What the heck would cause a battery operated camera to shock like that??
Posted By: JOG Re: kodak point and tase - 01/07/12
Dave bought a shock collar, took the stap off, and told his kid it was a camera. Then he hid behind the potted plant with the transmitter and told his wife, "Hold my beer and watch this."

I'm on to you, Dave.
I have no idea, I'm thinking maybe a little coil to boost power for the flash?

Posted By: KDK Re: kodak point and tase - 01/07/12
That was my first thought.
Posted By: RedRabbit Re: kodak point and tase - 01/07/12
Originally Posted by JOG
Dave bought a shock collar, took the stap off, and told his kid it was a camera. Then he hid behind the potted plant with the transmitter and told his wife, "Hold my beer and watch this."

laugh

Dave, was the tase only when the flash was active, or anytime the shutter button was depressed?
You didn't have to press anything, if the power was on and you handled the camera it would get you.

Posted By: sgt217 Re: kodak point and tase - 01/08/12
Explains why all the pics were blurry...
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: kodak point and tase - 01/08/12
It's hard to believe that a couple AA's or whatever it uses can put out that kind of juice.
I think I would have held on to it just to leave it sitting on the counter during a party. See how many people pick it up to take a shot. Now that's entertainment!
Posted By: northern_dave Re: kodak point and tase - 01/08/12
It was an easyshare mini and it had some kind of rechargable battery in it.

He's got the easy share sport now which is much better for a little boy because it's waterproof to 10'.

I don't think he's put it down since he got his hands on it.

Posted By: cwh2 Re: kodak point and tase - 01/18/12
I took apart a camera once as a kid. The capacitor (or was it a whatchmadamit) for the flash would damn near knock you over. Only took me 15-20 jolts to figure it out.

It was lots of fun at school.
Posted By: Slowpoke Re: kodak point and tase - 01/20/12
It's a shame your boy got zapped. That's never a good thing to see your kid get hurt, especially with a new "toy" for Christmas.

That being said, it's a shame you didn't keep the camera.

I'd have regifted it to my brother in law, if it had been me.

Now that would be pure entertainment!
Posted By: PAMac Re: kodak point and tase - 01/20/12
If you would've waited and held on to that camera, I'm sure Isaac would've been able to get you a real nice camera in about a year.... wink
Posted By: Crockettnj Re: kodak point and tase - 01/21/12
Capacitor charged then shorted when handled. High V low current, like a minitazer of sorts.

Caps are a blast to play with , but can certianly also kill you if large enough.
Posted By: 22250rem Re: kodak point and tase - 02/05/12
That's what happens when you buy garbage. I will never own anything that says "Kodak" on it or is connected to Kodak in any way. Don't even think about one of their P.O.S. printers either. I have watched that company going down the drain for over 25 years now. They moved all their production to Xiaman, China in the late 90's. They are a bunch of "Global Economy" "politically correct" A-holes; and I'm even an ex-Kodak employee. A 3rd generation one; who now uses Fuji film in my Nikon 35mm and owns a Canon digital. In case you haven't heard, those arrogant S.O.B.'s are now filing for chapter eleven. P.S. Don't bother calling the better business bureau either; Kodak withdrew from that several years ago when the BBB began expulsion proceedings against Kodak because of all the consumer complaints they were ignoring.
Posted By: 22250rem Re: kodak point and tase - 02/11/12
KODAK UPDATE; Yesterday, (2-9-2012) Kodak announced that they are getting out of the camera business. My buddy and I were discussing it today and I told him that if anyone were still buying them then I'm sure they'd still be making them. Apparently their reputation for cheap junk finally caught up with them. Once upon a time they made great stuff but that was years ago.
© 24hourcampfire