Home
Posted By: RedRabbit Fir and Feather - 07/07/14
A pair from this past Independence Day weekend in northern Arizona.

Hope I can get this close come September archery season.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Very nice! Great detail in the Raven!
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Fir and Feather - 07/07/14
How do you do that?
Posted By: EricM Re: Fir and Feather - 07/07/14
Wow, cool shots. I really like the Raven especially. Very sharp!

Eric
Posted By: 1minute Re: Fur and Feather - 07/07/14
Nice raven image. Had several in Yellowstone that were scrounging hand outs that would sit like that, but every one of them had greasy soiled feathers.
Posted By: kennymauser Re: Fur and Feather - 07/07/14
Nice pictures, especially the Raven!! As I now know, your animal/bird pictures are as good as your beautiful landscape pictures!!
Ken
Posted By: RedRabbit Re: Fur and Feather - 07/07/14
It is nice when they get so close. This one hopped along the stone wall expecting a handout. I noticed the raven tended to move his head every 2 seconds, like on a timer, so many of the shots had blurred motion.
Posted By: ratsmacker Re: Fur and Feather - 07/07/14
Originally Posted by 1minute
Nice raven image. Had several in Yellowstone that were scrounging hand outs that would sit like that, but every one of them had greasy soiled feathers.

The airport at Jackson has a bunch of resident ravens hanging around the parking lot, expecting handouts. Same at the Grand Canyon, at every overlook, you can find ravens waiting for someone to drop something edible. I didn't note any greasiness to their feathers, but they were in good fettle and pretty healthy-looking.
Posted By: Cocadori Re: Fur and Feather - 07/08/14
Nice...

blurred shots..yep..had to grin... keep shooting and cross the fingers at times... the law of averages says if you take enough you are bound to have one keeper... ;-)
Posted By: AZ Southpaw Re: Fur and Feather - 07/12/14
Very nice! Pretty bull too, with a little bit more to grow too.
© 24hourcampfire