Home
Posted By: George_De_Vries_3rd Lost my Luminex. - 09/11/14

What's the pick of the litter for a small P&S? Needs 12 or more PX; optical zoom of 10x; large "window"; timer for selfie; good glass of course; simple, simple, and simple.

TIA.
I would call Joel up at Camera Land, let him know your budget and requirements and he will know the best options currently available.
Posted By: MojoHand Re: Lost my Luminex. - 09/14/14
Just picked up a used Sony Cybershot DSC-RX100 II. Pretty awesome little camera. A lot of potential and capabilities but has decent auto modes if you're not up for all the features.

Plus, it's truly a pocket camera. I wanted something more portable than my ancient D80 and this fit the bill quite nicely.

Saving my pennies for an upgrade to a D7100 here one of these days...

Thanks.
Posted By: MojoHand Re: Lost my Luminex. - 09/15/14
George,

Head over to the NBTE (new .223AI thread) and you can see some pics I just posted with the Sony. Some have effects added for fun (built in to the camera) but I'm still pretty impressed with the quality for such a small P&S...

Obviously, I ain't a pro so take this for what it's worth...
The RX-100II is a fantastic camera. It is a fantastic buy right now too since they released the RX-100III.

Mojo- and CL, thanks for the advice.

First I apologize for spelling "Lumix" (as in Panasonic DMC-ZS5) as "Luminex."Not finding it since May, I was convinced I lost it in the gobbler woods until today when I found it in a hunting vest pocket back in a closet.

It may not be a Sony Cybershot but I'm sure glad I found it. grin
© 24hourcampfire