Posted By: jasontx A few recent shots from S. TX - 09/13/14
Texas Coral Snake
[Linked Image]
Baby Tarantula from my yard
[Linked Image]
Katydid from my yard
[Linked Image]
All shot with a Canon 40D
Great shots! The Katydid is especially scary! LOL!
lol, I agree
Really cool macro shots! The coral snake is my favorite, especially the red scales mottled with black. Hopefully you didn't get too close to this fellow!!!

Eric
Originally Posted by EricM
Really cool macro shots! The coral snake is my favorite, especially the red scales mottled with black. Hopefully you didn't get too close to this fellow!!!

Eric

Thanks..Fortunately Coral's a VERY unaggressive and (usually) only bite as a last resort. I was about 6 inches from him. I won't do that with a rattler by any means smile Here's an even closer shot of the Coral:
[Linked Image]
Full Size: https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3855/14812556229_d5ed8e919c_h.jpg
Wow, incredible shot!!! Thanks for sharing. Are they hard to find, stay under rocks and such...? I'd love to see one in the wild.

Eric
Originally Posted by EricM
Wow, incredible shot!!! Thanks for sharing. Are they hard to find, stay under rocks and such...? I'd love to see one in the wild.

Eric

Thanks, I look all the time and I've found 4 in ten years of looking. They are VERY fossorial so they're rarely seen unless you're out flipping logs, boards, etc. Some guys seem to have MUCH better luck than me though YMMV.
I'm glad you had your camera when you found him! Very cool!
© 24hourcampfire