Home
good thing I JUST paid off my visa card so I could have that dang tamrozooka waved in front of me. I am tripping the 300mm f4 nikon since it lacks vr and pulled the trigger on the big wood. I hope to get a few muskox shots at work soon. last year I pulled some good shots with my k5 and 300mm so I hope the d800 combo will really rock.
Their calves are sure some blocky looking little critters. Have fun.

No ox pics but do have some Bou babies.
[Linked Image]
Look forward to seeing those photos. Thinking about the same lens for my D610. Bad thing is, I would need to sell another lens, possibly my Nikon 24-120 F4 to get it. I have other lenses to cover that range, but it sure is a hard one to let go.
Congrats! Looking forward to seeing the images!
That is my crux. I have a 50mm f1.8d, a tamron 70-300 macro and now the bazooka. I am hurting for a wide angle that won't break the bank.....but use up the sensor.

What are you all doing for a case for the 150-600? I pack my body and two lenses in a pelican case when I travel to Alaska. ....but this isn't going to fit. I need oilfield tough.
You have a Nikon? I have the 18-105 and it is a really nice lens!
might you sell the 50mm and 70-300, and get a Tamron 24-70 which compares admirably to the Nikon 24-70?
I can't imagine selling the 50mm just because it takes VERY sharp photos and the resale value is not worth it. I would love a 28-70......but I need to make a buck with this contraption to justify dropping ANOTHER grand into it.
Well it is here....and huge. And focuses quickly, quietly and accurately. Image quality seems to be great.
I look forward to seeing some pics!
© 24hourcampfire