Home
Posted By: Elkhunter49 A few from Texas - 03/22/15
Hey folks I really can't compete with a lot of the talent that I'm seeing on this site but I'll post up a few Axis deer photos that I took while living in the hill country of Texas. Axis frequent most of the rivers bottoms that run thru the central part of the state. Axis deer were brought into Texas from India in the 1950's and their numbers have grown yearly ever since. Texas Parks and Wildlife estimate over 50,000 head are roaming free thru most counties in central and southern Texas. The good news is they can be hunted year around and are incredible on the table. Later Folks, Elk
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Great captures Elk!
Posted By: Elkhunter49 Re: A few from Texas - 03/22/15
A few more taken with my Canon T3 and a Tamron SP 70-300mm lens! I'm still trying to learn what I'm doing so please feel free to comment and share tips that will help me improve! Thanks

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Posted By: antlers Re: A few from Texas - 03/22/15
Good eats...!

Those are nice pics. I've spent many days over the years hunting big axis bucks in the Hill Country. Love it...!
Posted By: RedRabbit Re: A few from Texas - 03/22/15
Beautiful deer. When I lived in Mathis TX, I always wanted to hunt them, but even 30 years ago, the fee was beyond my paltry teacher salary.
© 24hourcampfire