[Linked Image]

I use an older Canon 7D with a 200mm f/2.8L USM prime
A few more
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Great action shots! Not being familiar with Dog Sled Racing, I would have thought that a "Junior" race would have been younger folks or is it just less dogs and even no sled?
Originally Posted by CameraLandTamronPhotAdv
Great action shots! Not being familiar with Dog Sled Racing, I would have thought that a "Junior" race would have been younger folks or is it just less dogs and even no sled?

You are correct. It was more of a "junior" race, but the kids had to compete on a very short track where lighting was quite difficult and with people all over the background. The adults were on a trail that was from 14 to 16 miles.
Thanks for the follow up!
The ones without sleds are ski-joring, in case you were not aware of that.

There's a fair number that do that recreationally with up to ~3 dogs. Better be a better skiier than me for that. More dogs equals more 'horse'power.
I'm not a skier so for me I guess it would be snow-plowing!
Originally Posted by ironbender
The ones without sleds are ski-joring, in case you were not aware of that.

There's a fair number that do that recreationally with up to ~3 dogs. Better be a better skiier than me for that. More dogs equals more 'horse'power.

You are correct. Skijoring and sled racing are combined in some of the local competitions. A lot of the skiers come from Europe, but the dogs are of a different breed. The ones above are Husky, or Husky-mix.

This one is a Siberian Retriever (Husky/Lab mix), out pet (not a sled dog). Her name is Nikki, who loves to run fast smile
[Linked Image]
enjoyed the pics
© 24hourcampfire