Home
Posted By: RedRabbit Seven Weeks, Five trips - 05/22/16
For the past seven weeks of April and May, I have been able to take 5 trips to photograph northern Arizona. It is nice to have such scenic landscapes within a few minutes or hours from home in Flagstaff.

I have just returned from 5 days atop the Paria Plateau where we had a mix of rain, high winds, sunny skies, clear nights and colorful sunrises.
[Linked Image]

While the intended shot of full moon rising over Cathedral Rock in Sedona was foiled by clouds, the rock did catch some nice late light.
[Linked Image]

The Navajo reservation has some nice eroded canyons besides Canyon de Chelly.
[Linked Image]

Of course, there is one of the natural wonders only 80 miles to the north. Prediction was for a decent chance of a nice sunset one evening.
[Linked Image]

Finally, a spring snow forced my to drive out to the nearby San Francisco Peaks for sunset.
[Linked Image]

Hope y'all have a great Memorial Day weekend, remembering its purpose and benefits.
Posted By: 1minute Re: Seven Weeks, Five trips - 05/22/16
Nice ground indeed. We have some extensive vistas in SE Oregon, but are a little wanting for backdrops. Some great views, but we just can't seem to get the Tetons in the background.
Posted By: RedRabbit Re: Seven Weeks, Five trips - 05/26/16
1' It sure would be nice indeed to have the Tetons for a backdrop. Arizona does not have mountains like the Tetons or San Juans either, although we do have some cool canyons and sandstone.
Posted By: sgt217 Re: Seven Weeks, Five trips - 05/28/16
Outstanding pics...home...
Incredible images as usual Doug! I will be out in Zion in early July and then around Page for two days. Your images are inspiring me to hope for some clouds! First I have to go to the Tetons...hopefully I will get them in the background of many images! I have been meaning to check out the Paria area.
Posted By: bluecat Re: Seven Weeks, Five trips - 06/02/16
Great pics
© 24hourcampfire