Home
Posted By: 1234 nosler rdf bullets? - 05/07/22
has anyone used the 6.5 rdf bullets on deer either 130gr. or 140's they kind of look like bergers wondering if they work like them on game?

Ed
Posted By: OrangeDiablo Re: nosler rdf bullets? - 05/12/22
I've got 400+ to try if you're interested
Posted By: chesterwy Re: nosler rdf bullets? - 05/13/22
No personal experience, but the fact that you can find those bullets on the shelf whereas Bergers are nearly nonexistent is very telling.
Posted By: BangPop Re: nosler rdf bullets? - 05/13/22
The street name for them is RDF = Random Damn Flyer. It has validity.
Posted By: Sagerunner Re: nosler rdf bullets? - 08/27/22
I have . Deer and antelope. 260 at 2910fps ,ish ! I've heard the "random flyer " but have never personally experienced it. We've taken animals past 400 yards and still have yet to recover a round . And exit wounds were like partitions. I cit one open and found the lead all the way up to the point unlike bergers that have a cavity. I really believe they are mushrooming instead of popping ....
Posted By: 1234 Re: nosler rdf bullets? - 08/27/22
thanks for an actual experience report!

Ed
Posted By: Sagerunner Re: nosler rdf bullets? - 08/28/22
Good.luck and good hunting , I'm gonna try the 175's in a 300 blackout this year on deer . I'll revisit this thread again when/if i score !
Posted By: sambo3006 Re: nosler rdf bullets? - 01/07/23
I shot a mule deer buck in November at about 50-60 yards with a 140 gr RDF out of a 6.5 SAUM. The shot was quartering to, bullet entering in front of the shoulder. It went through the front of the rib cage near the sternum, tore through the heart and damaged the lungs. It did not make it to the other side of the ribcage. Given the shot angle and impact velocity, I figure that it performed pretty well.
Posted By: high_country_ Re: nosler rdf bullets? - 01/11/23
I have killed quite a few elk with the 140s. Shots from 100-900 all have performed well.
Posted By: Jackson_Handy Re: nosler rdf bullets? - 01/12/23
I'd like to try the 115gr 6mm. But I've heard of inconsistent performance (lack of expansion)
© 24hourcampfire