Home
I have a friend needing 1K and I have a couple K of each.

Been loading CCI200 forever, heard good things about the Wolf, but haven’t tried those.

Which should I keep?
If you’ve been using the CCI forever then that’s what I’d keep. No need to change and risk needing to develop new data.
The old wolf primers were great but I wouldn't change from what's been working for you
Rhetorical.
Keep on using what you have been and let your pal work up his loads with the Rooshin ones, unless you’re not happy with your loads.

Fortunately, my shooting buddies either don’t reload metallics, or have plenty of their own stuff. I did give one a pound of RL22 I had laying around.
Why not keep domestic manufacturers at work providing us with proven product?
I'd keep the CCI's, personally.
Wolf and Tula primers (same brand I think) are good primers but I don’t think you can get them anymore, so once they’re gone, they’re gone. I shot Tulas exclusively until I couldn’t find them anymore.

John
Posted By: MikeS Re: Wolf large rifle or CCI 200? - 08/24/22
Tula's have not been imported for several years.
I bought a couple thousand Wolf, in case I run out of domestic. I have not tried them. I’d be interested in a test with primers. Especially with the primers that a person can now find vs. the old standby’s.
I've used both , and as above , if your normally use cci I'd stick with them . My velocities changed quite a bit when i used the wolf . Still worked well and my es was still good , just changed .
© 24hourcampfire