Home
Posted By: kwg020 Colt CBX - 03/08/23
So, what does the 'fire think of this ?? Does it have a future ? As you all know CZ now owns Colt. Can CZ pull this off ? It would be cool to see this in a fast twist 22-250.
kwg

Posted By: hardin284 Re: Colt CBX - 03/12/23
Must be a thang. Aero Precision has one
Posted By: Ackleyfan Re: Colt CBX - 03/12/23
Looks like a fun range toy
Posted By: Sakoluvr Re: Colt CBX - 03/12/23
"Extremely accurate" was mentioned a few times, so was 1 MOA guarantee and competitive.

I can beat that with my Browniing Hells Canyon easily. For that matter, my early 70's 700 BDL in .30-06 does that and better.

If they are going to charge 1800 MSRP, it better do more than look the part.
Posted By: Lee_Woiteshek Re: Colt CBX - 03/14/23
I mentioned this the other day to one of my friends. When I started hunting 1.5 MOA was good enough. A one-inch gun was something close to Voodoo and was talked about in whispers. Now a blister pak rifle will shoot sub moa and perhaps less than a half inch with loads it likes. It is truly a golden time for a rifle crank. Like yourself, my initial reaction to a 1 MOA guarantee is something I would no longer brag about if I was a manufacturer.
Posted By: kwg020 Re: Colt CBX - 03/14/23
Originally Posted by Lee_Woiteshek
I mentioned this the other day to one of my friends. When I started hunting 1.5 MOA was good enough. A one-inch gun was something close to Voodoo and was talked about in whispers. Now a blister pak rifle will shoot sub moa and perhaps less than a half inch with loads it likes. It is truly a golden time for a rifle crank. Like yourself, my initial reaction to a 1 MOA guarantee is something I would no longer brag about if I was a manufacturer.
One inch MOA is almost a thing of the past. I'm hoping the gun performs much better than 1 MOA just so Colt can claim the gun is a successes and is worth the $1800 asking price. With CZ behind them I would be confident the gun is capable, but we'll know soon enough. I don't have one in my future but I do own some Colts and I want to see them be successful.

kwg
© 24hourcampfire