Home
Posted By: Middlefork_Miner .408 Chey-Tac - 10/03/07
I watched a program on the Military Channel last night & they featured the Chey-Tac Snipeing System that is being developed by the military...Pretty impressive...Little computer about the size of a hand calculator, for selecting bullet type & weight & inputing weather (Wind) & atmospheric conditions. Along with a infra-red device that attaches directly to the scope for night vision capability out to 800 yds. with no signature. I think the furthest they shot was like 2150 yds. on a steel plate. If you have cable or satellite check it out...pretty cool.
Posted By: rost495 Re: .408 Chey-Tac - 10/03/07
exball has had the "mini computer" for a long time now... tis nothing new... but being improved upon.
Posted By: Middlefork_Miner Re: .408 Chey-Tac - 10/04/07
What was really impressive was his night shots at 600 yds...Check it out if you can...
Posted By: sscoyote Re: .408 Chey-Tac - 10/04/07
Thomas, do u know if there's a site to go to that has a CD of the sniping shows the MC puts on??
Posted By: jwp475 Re: .408 Chey-Tac - 10/04/07
Originally Posted by rost495
exball has had the "mini computer" for a long time now... tis nothing new... but being improved upon.

I use the Dell Axiom 30 pocket computor with the Nightforce Exbal ballistics targeting program... great system......[Linked Image]
Posted By: Middlefork_Miner Re: .408 Chey-Tac - 10/05/07
Originally Posted by sscoyote
Thomas, do u know if there's a site to go to that has a CD of the sniping shows the MC puts on??
If I can remember I'll burn one in my recorder the next time it's on & I'll send you one...I'll let you know...TT
© 24hourcampfire