Home
Hi, whats up with Gray Bull Precision? I ordered a olive stock back on March 15th. At that time the stocks were three weeks out. Now we are almost 7 weeks out and no responses from my emails or phone calls...other than...

Thank you for contacting us. We are away from email access for a short period. Our apologies for the inconvenience. We'll get back to as soon as we can.

Not very good customer service!!! The last time I actually spoke with a person was over 3 weeks ago. Never have received a personal email.....just a computer generated one.

I hope that John Burns will comment here.

Thanks

I guess I'm not the only one. I ordered mine in Feb. I was promised one in 3 weeks. I called Don then, and he said..."one more week. Still no stock, so I called Don again. "one more week", I was told. That was 2 weeks ago.

Horse schit customer service, lies, and no attempt to get ahold of the customer.

You never get a second chance...to make a first impression.

Guess what my impression of Greybull is.
same here i got tired of waiting so i ordered a mcmillan and i keep trying to call them to cancel my order, and it gose to an answering machine,... left messages, with no response..
I don't think you could go wrong by ordering up a McMillan. You prolly done know that though. Never had nothin but great customer service with Rick and McMillan.
Originally Posted by Kaleb
I don't think you could go wrong by ordering up a McMillan. You prolly done know that though. Never had nothin but great customer service with Rick and McMillan.

Already did. Two, in fact.

Curious to see how this plays out. I wonder if Rick knows something that we don't. Mine's been ordered since the beginning of February. Burns hasn't responded to my pm, I'm sending them an email.
Again whats up with Greybull precision. I ordered one of their scopes 3-11 was suppossed to ship in three weeks now eight weeks and they won't answer phone or emails. Doing a credit card chargeback today.
If you guys went to the website you'd see John Burns is nowhere to be seen, no photos, no mention of John.

Maybe it was sold, maybe something else, but just a TINY bit of research would have clued you in on changes.
Burns or no Burns, sounds like they're playing a game of "just the tip".

Travis
lol maybe big stick got to him first
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Maybe it was sold, maybe something else, but just a TINY bit of research would have clued you in on changes.

How the h*ll does research of their website help us to get the product we ordered in the timeframe promised? If you're gonna give someone schit, give it to someone who cares about YOUR opinion.
JohnBurns (Member #25140)
User
Registered On: 09/17/09 11:28 AM

Shoot him a PM and see what's up.
Or cancel the stock and order a Mcmillan through Rick....
Yukonal,

The OP states "I hope that John Burns will comment here."

Reading not your strength, huh?

Comprehension even less so?
If you guys went to the website you'd see John Burns is nowhere to be seen, no photos, no mention of John.

Uh-Oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And no longer a sponsor...... whistle
Yukonal, Reading not your strength, huh?

Obviously, reading is not YOUR strength. ( the "Y" is not capitalized.)

If you need some time to comprehend that, take all you need.
Dang. I almost ordered one of his stocks. Glad I had a change of heart.
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Or cancel the stock and order a Mcmillan through Rick....

Just did exactly that.

yukon,

Did they respond? Or were you just left hanging? Did you leave a deposit?

I have no vested interested in this at all. I'm just being nosy.

Travis
Originally Posted by yukonal
Yukonal, Reading not your strength, huh?

Obviously, reading is not YOUR strength. ( the "Y" is not capitalized.)

If you need some time to comprehend that, take all you need.

That's correct dipstick, the "y" is not supposed to be capitalized. Any other literary nuggets to share?
Originally Posted by deflave
yukon,

Travis

Travis-

My pm to Burns went unanswered for the last 2 weeks. I emailed Don this morning, he's the guy in charge of stocks. He got back to me and said he'd get to his email in a few days. I replied to him asking, "do I have a stock coming or not?" Never heard back from him.

I ordered another Micky for this particular build, and sent Don an email cancelling my order. I ordered the Greybull 11 weeks ago. I was promised 3 weeks.
I don't know whats going on with Greybull they have a Todd R. uploading vidios on Hunter vids 4-22-2012 for them, yet they can't have anyone answer the phone or emails about paid orders.
I sure feel silly about kicking him in the nuts when he arrived.
sounds like they're playing a game of "just the tip".

hahaha! Internet gold!
Originally Posted by Steelhead

And more gold!
Not difficult to tell the wheat from the chaff if you can read sign and don't believe in the Tooth Fairy.
Originally Posted by Steelhead

haha...same here!
I bet Paul can help.
Wow - didn't take long for Greybull to screw the pooch - gotta love those LLC's = Limited Liability Companies.

After all the promises you made John .......I'm hurt!!!!
I'm only surprised that many are surprised.

Barnum was right again.
I posted the following as soon as the huckster showed up posting here....."The biggest red flag on a company is when it's CEO or other company official shows up on a chatroom battling the neighsayers".

Answer questions, friendly chat, provide info..but battle people on a regular basis ???

WTF....

Hold on, let me wipe this look of surprise off of my face...

Tony
Just a thought here. I recently discovered that Longshot Rifles has filed Bankruptcy:

http://longshotriflesllc.com/

Could Grey Bull be in the same situation or perhaps even caught up in this bankruptcy because of business affiliations (i.e. subcontracted rifle or parts work)?
Originally Posted by yukonal
yukon,

Travis

Travis-

My pm to Burns went unanswered for the last 2 weeks. I emailed Don this morning, he's the guy in charge of stocks. He got back to me and said he'd get to his email in a few days. I replied to him asking, "do I have a stock coming or not?" Never heard back from him.

I ordered another Micky for this particular build, and sent Don an email cancelling my order. I ordered the Greybull 11 weeks ago. I was promised 3 weeks.

That's [bleep]. Sorry for your troubles and thanks for letting us know.

Travis
Looks like I won't be ordering from Gray Bull unless this gets resolved and I'll let everyone I know to do the same.

Shod
Im the OP. Thanks for the update. Was worried that maybe something personal happened? Looks like I will cancel my order. Alan
I just checked my credit card and found that I have not received any charges to date for the stock I ordered. Should have been the first thing that I did!!!! Still think that not returning phone calls is crappy business practice for any company. I like their stocks and hope that they will get this worked out. Anyone want to sell an olive stock?
Maybe B&C will now be free to sell the Greybull version of their stock on the open market. If so, Stocky's will have them soon and it's a net good thing.
Originally Posted by hicountry
I posted the following as soon as the huckster showed up posting here....."The biggest red flag on a company is when it's CEO or other company official shows up on a chatroom battling the neighsayers".

Answer questions, friendly chat, provide info..but battle people on a regular basis ???

Good point. I've never seen the 'smiths I use arguing on forums with anyone. And they don't self promote.
Elkslayer I sent you a pm...
Hmmm a "rifle builder" who wouldn't answer any direct question about his wares except to say that they were "the best"...

No red flags there.

Sorry for anyone who got screwed here.
If you ask a gunsmith a question that can be answered specifically by a brand-name or a dimension and he answers with "proprietary", check to make sure your wallet's still in your pocket, and drive the f*** away.
man, where is Big Stick when you need him?
Thanks Cinch
Cinch..PM sent back
Perhaps they are in the midst of a lawsuit? I know that there was some stiff comeptition between them and few other manufacturers who catered to the same market. One of those manufacturers made some public claims of patent infringement. Maybe problems with suppliers? All we can do is speculate, but usually when a company stops communicating with their customers it is because something big is going on. I hope all goes well for the buyers and Greybull.

Interesting reading for people overseas. I've got no dog in the fight but looked at their web site, they ask people who ordered stock in Reno show to contact them and no more long range videos on site...Strange!
John Burns was online less than ten minutes ago.

Sorry for you guys waiting for your stocks. Hope you don't loose money.

Good luck
Dom

Thought I remembered a tag on this forum, saying they were the sponsor. Like Camera Land on the Optics forum.

It's either gone or I'm looking in the wrong place.
They sponsored the custom rifle forum which is funny given the lack of customization they offered on guns..

Its gone now and so is the previously stickeyed topic "Greybull Precision in Action"

As some have speculated there is an issue as to the management and ownership of Greybull Precision LLC.

First off Don Ward is no longer an employee or representative of Greybull Precision LLC.

On April 17 2012 the 5th District Court in Wyoming issued a Temporary Restraining Order against Adam Talamante, Craig Carlson, Ray Milligan and Scott Downs.

The Court ordered the above defendants to turn over control of Greybull Precision LLC to John Burns (that would be me)pending a Preliminary Injunction Hearing on 1 June 2012.

I hope everyone notices nobody is saying that they have paid for anything and not received it. The stocks and scope have been on back order and we never charged until the scope or stock shipped.

If you have been charged for either a stock or scope then shoot me a PM and I will ship your product immediately. B&C emailed me today and they shipped another 40 stocks on Wednesday and I have just received another 20 scopes from Leupold so I will be able to fill some of the back orders when the above mentioned defendants decide they will comply with the court order.

Until my �partners� comply with the order and turn over control I have no way to process unpaid backorders and while I feel the stock is worth some extra wait I understand some of you will look elsewhere.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Well well well Mr. Burns, I seem to remember you jumping all over my ass for mentioning I had bad dealings with Milligan in the past over some trap parts I never received.

Apology accepted.
Sorry to hear that you guys have had some turmoil... hope to see you back posting again soon!
John,

I am the OP for this topic and I commend you for coming forth and letting us know what is going on. Glad to know that there were no family problems. I will keep my order with you that was placed with Don on March 15th for a long action Olive stock. I hope that all works our for you in this matter. You can PM me if you want for any details on my order once you are able to fill it. Your product is quality and I like the other stock that I currently have. Thanks! Elkslayer
Gotta love Milligan Brand Outfitting ("partners" above) - I am so glad I DID NOT book a hunt with them a few years back!!

Ray Milligan is full himself (and something else) - really made me sick when I spoke to him!!

Oh, boy, John....the old TRO and Away We Go! eek

Sorry to hear about you having to enlist the dreaded lawyers....hope it all turns out well for you.

Partners.....Geeeshh frown
Originally Posted by 300MAG
Gotta love Milligan Brand Outfitting
Gotta say Jeff nailed the Milligan guy right from the start.

Hope things work out for you JB. I'll still be ordering that scope from you in a couple months.
I noticed not one person claimed to have been charged for product that was not received. To me that is as honest as it gets. Furthermore giving the circumstance I certainly could allow for not being immediately contacted. I've never ordered from Grey Bull however I hope all turns out well so I can make an order in the near future.

Shod
John, please cancel my order for a stock.

Another pm incoming.
Originally Posted by Shod
I noticed not one person claimed to have been charged for product that was not received. To me that is as honest as it gets. Furthermore giving the circumstance I certainly could allow for not being immediately contacted. I've never ordered from Grey Bull however I hope all turns out well so I can make an order in the near future.

Shod

I WAS CHARGED...
Originally Posted by bergerking

Shod

I WAS CHARGED...

Then send JB a PM and give him a chance to make it right.....

So now I can wait 6 months for a Mcmillain instead of weeks or days now for a BC.

Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
Originally Posted by bergerking

Shod

I WAS CHARGED...

Then send JB a PM and give him a chance to make it right.....

He did send a PM and I have responded.
Originally Posted by Elkslayer1
John,

I am the OP for this topic and I commend you for coming forth and letting us know what is going on. Glad to know that there were no family problems. I will keep my order with you that was placed with Don on March 15th for a long action Olive stock. I hope that all works our for you in this matter. You can PM me if you want for any details on my order once you are able to fill it. Your product is quality and I like the other stock that I currently have. Thanks! Elkslayer

Thanks for your understanding in this matter. smile
On 3-11-2012 I ordered a scope from GreyBull precision on 3-12-2012 my credit card was charged in full for this purchase 1250 some dollars. For the past two weeks I have tried to contact GreyBull about this puchase with no response. I have been a fan of Johns for years but I can't afford to lose 1250.00 dollars for the scope I ordered and paid for. I hope this will be made right.
Originally Posted by 75B
On 3-11-2012 I ordered a scope from GreyBull precision on 3-12-2012 my credit card was charged in full for this purchase 1250 some dollars. For the past two weeks I have tried to contact GreyBull about this puchase with no response. I have been a fan of Johns for years but I can't afford to lose 1250.00 dollars for the scope I ordered and paid for. I hope this will be made right.

You will get your scope but you do need to PM me with details of your order. I have no access to customer orders right now so I have no idea who you are or the status of your order but I can assure you it will be made right.
Originally Posted by Dave Ramsey
the only ship that won't sail is a partnership

sorry to hear about your troubles John.
Originally Posted by nimrod1949
Originally Posted by Dave Ramsey
the only ship that won't sail is a partnership

sorry to hear about your troubles John.

That quote has been running around my pea brain quite a lot these days. cool
Wow...Don has answered the phone for years and the rest have also been with you for years also. (I watch/order to many videos)

I hope everything works out and you FINALLY get a new video out... grin

Dink
Originally Posted by 75B

75b,

Thanks for the PM and rest assured your order will be made right as soon as possible. This measns I have a scope for you and as soon amd as I can verify payment it will be headed your direction. Thanks for your understanding.

John
John thanks for your response to this matter I have sent you an email with a copy of the order confirmation. Sorry for the trouble and I hope it all works out. Dan
JB, Sent you a PM. Thanks Alan
JB, Sent you a PM. Thanks Alan

Got it and sent one back smile

Originally Posted by 75B
John thanks for your response to this matter I have sent you an email with a copy of the order confirmation. Sorry for the trouble and I hope it all works out. Dan

Dan,

Your scope was shipped today and UPS says it will arrive on Wednesday. Will need a signature at delivery due to insurance value.

Thanks for your understanding
Hey, John.

Were did everybody go? I hear nothing but crickets around the fire tonight. grin

Best to you.

Wayne
John is good people. He'll get things squared up plumb, true, and level.
Thanks John for getting this straightend out. Looking forward to getting the scope. Your effort is greatly appreciatied. Dan
John,

This may be a difficult question to answer, but do you have an idea of how long it might be before you can take new orders for stocks? Or, are there any dealers that might have some in stock in the meantime? I just joined this site to follow this as I heard about it through longrangehunting.com. I hope this turns out okay for you.
I too joined this site to follow this.....hope ya get it all figured out John....Ive been Eyballin one of your scopes for a long time.......Pretty much got your how to shoot beyond belief video wore plumb out... :-)
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
John is good people. He'll get things squared up plumb, true, and level.

Yep, and a Greybull stock is worth waiting for.
I paid cash to a Greybull employee few weeks ago for 12 scopes, still not received them yet. Can you please mail me my $15,000 refund?
Man I hate to hear that!...sounds like he's takin care of the small stuff like a stock. Hope he does same for you.

I'd be goin McMillan on stocks.....
There must be a smiley missing...
Betcha he would too if not in business for a profit.
Originally Posted by cmg

Where?....I meant what I said. A stock is small compared to a 15k order and I'd go McMillan now if I had a stock ordered with him.

Not tryin to sound like a prick. Just different sayin in person vs typin
Will add I hope all works out for the very best for John and his company. I didn't mean nothin harsh against him. His stuff works and he's got video to prove it. Some people can build for less and do the homework themselves. Some can't/don't and his gun packages are great for them. Hope everyone gets what they want and John gets back n business soon. That's all I meant.......
Originally Posted by slg888
I paid cash to a Greybull employee few weeks ago for 12 scopes, still not received them yet. Can you please mail me my $15,000 refund?

I already sent your refund. I addressed it as follows:

Hobo Living Under Bridge.

You should be getting it any day now, Smartass. laugh

I also called Joe Bob�s Liquor Emporium and told them to stock up on wine coolers, Zima, and Canadian Mist because you were going to be back in the funds soon, would be able to buy gas for your MoPed and had most likely developed a powerful thirst.

Glad my problems have given you an outlet for your urge to stir the pot. crazy
Originally Posted by KILLBUX
John,

This may be a difficult question to answer, but do you have an idea of how long it might be before you can take new orders for stocks? Or, are there any dealers that might have some in stock in the meantime? I just joined this site to follow this as I heard about it through longrangehunting.com. I hope this turns out okay for you.

I will have some on Monday and hopefully will have an answer on taking orders by the end of the week.

Man I hate to hear that!...sounds like he's takin care of the small stuff like a stock. Hope he does same for you.

I'd be goin McMillan on stocks.....

Betcha he would too if not in business for a profit.

Originally Posted by cmg

Where?....I meant what I said. A stock is small compared to a 15k order and I'd go McMillan now if I had a stock ordered with him.

Not tryin to sound like a prick. Just different sayin in person vs typin

Will add I hope all works out for the very best for John and his company. I didn't mean nothin harsh against him. His stuff works and he's got video to prove it. Some people can build for less and do the homework themselves. Some can't/don't and his gun packages are great for them. Hope everyone gets what they want and John gets back n business soon. That's all I meant.......

Wow thanks for the support though it does seem you might be a little �emotionally invested� in the topic. cool

Kaleb,
You DO know that Stoney was BS'ing on the 15k order, yes?
Nope but feel pretty dumb now.....grin. Thanks.
Glad we got that resolved...
John will either get your money back to you or get you the product you ordered; it'll be your choice. He's fighting a multi-front legal battle plus trying to keep his customers happy. I think he's done an admirable job thus far. Legal battles have a way of consuming you and all of your attention.
Originally Posted by SU35

So now I can wait 6 months for a Mcmillain instead of weeks or days now for a BC.

My last McMillan arrived 10 weeks after ordering.
My last McMillan only took 7 weeks - quickest one I have ever gotten!!
Hi, whats up with Gray Bull Precision? I ordered a olive stock back on March 15th. At that time the stocks were three weeks out. Now we are almost 7 weeks out...
Thanks

I waited on McMillan for 10 months for my Edge. 7 weeks would have been a piece of cake.
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223

Good point. I've never seen the 'smiths I use arguing on forums with anyone. And they don't self promote.

Just prior to Weatherby launching their website forum, late at night I encountered Ed Weatherby here and he p.m.'d me asking what I thought about certain aspects of this forum. It really surprised me.
Thanks John the scope arrived today. Can't wait to get it mounted start shootin. Again many thanks for your effort. Dan
JB,

Sent you a PM. Thanks Alan
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223

If I were John I'd dig my heels in and correct any bit of nonsense someone was trying to spread about my company, my products or my skills. People believe damn near anything you type as long as it has some small bit of truth laced throughout the rest of the bullshit.
what is happening with gray bull precision. are they gone or starting back up . would love to buy a scope. are they still in court?
PM JohnBurns
Originally Posted by Eldin
what is happening with gray bull precision. are they gone or starting back up . would love to buy a scope. are they still in court?

I am no longer a part of Greybull Precision LLC.

I am in the process of finalizing a settlement agreement with Greybull Precision LLC and will be back offering my scope and stock for sale. The settlement process should be complete at the first of the year.

This is the same scope that Leupold has built for me prior to my involvement with Greybull Precision LLC and was sold through Greybull Precision LLC for the past few years.

Thanks for your interest.
can't help but notice the low post counts of a few that replied here given what john said it looks suspicious about what the motives may be. not saying john is a bad guy or anyone shouldn't do business with him.
can't help but notice the low post counts of a few that replied here given what john said it looks suspicious about what the motives may be. not saying john is a bad guy or anyone shouldn't do business with him.

Sorry to not understand what you are saying. Could you elaborate on what you mean, please?
He means they could be notional people and/or one guy. Doesn't sound like he's accused any one person of being hinky.
what I am saying is why is there so many people with VERY low post counts talking about this? could they have an axe to grind with john?? ummm maybe, I just question the motives sometimes.
Well, if that's their motive, it backfired. Sounds like he's been out of commission for a while and is getting ready to crank back up. If anything, they've given him some free publicity about his new start.
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by Eldin

I am no longer a part of Greybull Precision LLC.

I am in the process of finalizing a settlement agreement with Greybull Precision LLC and will be back offering my scope and stock for sale. The settlement process should be complete at the first of the year.

This is the same scope that Leupold has built for me prior to my involvement with Greybull Precision LLC and was sold through Greybull Precision LLC for the past few years.

Thanks for your interest.

GREAT news. I sincerely hope you get all this sorted out. I absolutely LOVE my Greybull stock. Best ergs out there. It would be great to see the same stock offered for Savage actions.
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

GREAT news. I sincerely hope you get all this sorted out. I absolutely LOVE my Greybull stock. Best ergs out there. It would be great to see the same stock offered for Savage actions.

http://bellandcarlson.com/
$228.95
A few buck extra for custom paint. Cut any most any length you want.

#2997 for short action savage with accutrigger.

#2999 for short action savage without accutrigger.

or order #2096 for a Rem long action bdl and with a file and bedding a long action Savage would slide right in.

I don't think you own a Greybull stock Rouge. I know B&C molds the Greybull stocks as well as that hideous stock they offer for the Savage. It ain't nearly the same. For one thing, the Greybull is about twice as stiff in the forearm as any B&C I've seen, not to mention the ergs. Greybull didn't charge extra for a shorter LOP, as it doesn't cost them anything to make the damn stock shorter.
I don't think you own a Greybull stock Rouge. I know B&C molds the Greybull stocks as well as that hideous stock they offer for the Savage. It ain't nearly the same. For one thing, the Greybull is about twice as stiff in the forearm as any B&C I've seen, not to mention the ergs. Greybull didn't charge extra for a shorter LOP, as it doesn't cost them anything to make the damn stock shorter.

Ok...
I have E mailed them to find out what is going on and (DON ) told me that he is one of the owners out of the 5. as from looking to the court order i did NOT see his name. but he stated that this company should be up and running some time in january 2013. does any one have any information on this company, if it will still be in operations in 2013? i really like the scopes but now i am a little shy about buying from them until this is settled .
Is John selling his scope somewhere? It is still for sale on gb's website. I'd like to give John the business as it was his design. Looks like he hasn't been active on here for a while.

I would like to say it takes a pretty ballsy person to invest in them self and open a business or make their own living. The people in my life continually try to encourage me to do so and I am just too much of a pooosie. It seems like John did his best and was ethical.
Originally Posted by Rogue

Ok...

Rogue you poor misinformed fool. All of GBs stuff is proprietary, accurized, precisionized and optimized for long range hunting. Gawd...haven't you seen the video.

laugh
Originally Posted by archie_james_c
Originally Posted by Rogue

Ok...

Rogue you poor misinformed fool. All of GBs stuff is proprietary, accurized, precisionized and optimized for long range hunting. Gawd...haven't you seen the video.

laugh

Aaahhh, yeah roger....
© 24hourcampfire