Defiance 20 MOA rail
McMillan A-5 stock
28" 5 groove 1-9 twist Pac Nor fluted barrel
mini mussel brake
Jewell trigger set at 12 ounces
Night Force NXS 8-32x56
Leupold rings
Scope level
Gun Smith Shawn and Brady at Straight shooter Supply in North Bend OR.

[Linked Image]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Shooting the A-Max 162s at 3200 with IMR 7828 five shot group at .165 not bad. Tried R-17 but the ES was more than I liked, even though the groups were fine. But with 7828 the group was tighter.

Now got to stretch its legs and get it out to a 1000. grin
I really like that rifle..looks like am awesome shooter..ill take one in righty
Very nice rifle, good choice going with the 5 groove if you are shooting the A-Max. Thought Kirby was your smith though?
It is a awesome shooter and a blast to shoot. smile You can have one just like it in right handed if you really feel the need wink
Yep no more three grooves for me, one was enough. Kirby was / is still my smith he has a project of my right now, going on two years.

To tell you the truth Shawn and Brady build just as nice of rifle as Kirby and Nathan Dagley. Just can't get the Allen mags. But the fit and finish is just as good, and they seem to shoot as well too.
Sharp looking rig!!
does Shawn have much of a back log on work?

i would love to send my next project to him, if he would be willing to let me watch and shoot a picture or three... ive spoken with him before about that, and he didnt seem to mind the idea.
Don't know Marty what his back log is. I know he told me the other day it would be about four weeks before he could get started on my 6mm AI, and all the parts have been there since 2-22-12
thanks Larry.
That is a very very nice rig.
That is sure a fine looking rig. I really want to give a Defiance action a try. Just a few minor tweaks I would change... a little less scope (operator error with big scopes on my end) a little more pull weight on the bang switch (ditto on the operator error), Seekins rings. But that rig rocks! Even like the McSwirley mix!
What's the paint colors and pecentages. The whole rig is awesome. I switched to 7828SSC in my 7Wissum
BAD A$$ RIG joecool!

HeavyBarrel
Thanks, It's 50% Medium tan 50% Black
I like it. wink I think I will use it to bust a elk this year.
That is SWEET, Larry!

Just got around to trying I7828 in my 7WSM. Accuracy was excellent. My chrono was having a fit so I don't know speed or ES or any a' dat. smile
Hey Larry. How about an update on that Straight Shooter Custom 7wsm? Will it actually kill an elk?
Originally Posted by HiredGun
Hey Larry. How about an update on that Straight Shooter Custom 7wsm? Will it actually kill an elk?

Wow!!! forgot all about this post, been over a year. Well last year I ended up shooting my elk with my 7-08AI that I Straight Shooters build. This year I indeed bagged my elk with my 7mm WSM that was built by them at 507 yards using the exact load listed above. One shot right tight behind the front shoulder.

Got to say the 7WSM and my 6mmAI that I had them build has been what I have been using most. Great guns and super accurate as is my 7-08AI. They do build a great rifle.
© 24hourcampfire