Home
Finally got days off to go chase some antelope around. Been shooting steel all summer long and was itching to get out. Found a big group of antelope out in an alfalfa field and crawled as close as they let me. Ranged the buck I wanted at 578 yards and dialed the vortex and sent a 130 grain berger on its way. He isn't the biggest buck but he sure tastes great.
[Linked Image]
Nice, gotta love the .260!!
Congrats..Pronghorn for dinner is as good as it gets.
Nice shooting. Congrats!
The level of detail in your post regarding the rifle is completely inadequate. grin
Originally Posted by greentimber
The level of detail in your post regarding the rifle is completely inadequate. grin

Ha! You must have missed it as he plainly said it's a .260. Easy, huh.

Good shootin, Laker from Baker.
Sorry guys its a 260 built on a Remington 700 action with a #3 contour 1-8" twist shilen barrel sitting in a Manners MCS SL stock. Shooting the 130 grain bergers right at 2800 fps with 45.1 grains of H4350. The scope is a Viper Vortex PST 2.5x10. Its quickly becoming my favorite toy.
Nice goat Laker..

Sounds like a good rifle to be packing around as well.
Good looking goat, and that's great shooting. Even a huge pronghorn is a small target at 6 bills.

You shoot those 130s at mag length?
Originally Posted by greentimber

Leave the man eat, now OP, I need an address, never had "Goat" wink

Congrats on the hunt, nice Lope, and you chose a great round smile
Super! I did the same thing last month with my 260, but used Scenar's instead. Congrats!
Dogshooter yes they are at mag length.

Pointer my original plan was to shoot the scenars but couldn't get them to shoot as good as the bergers
That kinda sucks, but at least now we both know they each work on pronghorn! laugh
Bad ass dude!

Nice goat. You lovin' the PST?

Travis
First animal I ever killed with my 260 was a Montana goat. I used 120s Sierras on that hunt. I now use 140 Sierra GKs and 108 Lapuas. Was ringing steel at 550 this morning using only the B&C reticle for holdover. Got to love that caliber.
Where do you go shoot around here Dennis?
Travis the pst is great. I will be putting them on more of my rifles.
Looks good...that cartridge sure accounts well for itself.
nice pronghorn
Nice rig and goat! Congrats.
© 24hourcampfire