Home
Posted By: aalf Ready..... - 04/05/14
For some long range plinkin' with the 22.....

5.5-22 Nightforce with 100 MOA on tap, setting on a 40 MOA Nightforce base.

I'm 5 MOA off the bottom of the scope, leaving 95 MOA up and another 20 on the reticle on 22X.

Double that on 11X.

Only ran it out to 225 today....child's play....

[Linked Image]

Posted By: Ackleyfan Re: Ready..... - 04/05/14
Not enough info will need more pics of gun and targets.....
Posted By: Oregon45 Re: Ready..... - 04/05/14
Let me guess: Remington 40X, McMillan marksman stock, Jewell trigger?
Posted By: aalf Re: Ready..... - 04/05/14

Close enough....

Just your basic run of the mill, high gloss, circa "93", single shot factory 40-X, 24" heavy barrel, in a Marksman with a plain 'ol Remington trigger.

Posted By: Brett_Mc Re: Ready..... - 04/05/14
Make sure and take lots of pics.

Sounds fun.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Ready..... - 04/06/14
That looks like too much fun!

Posted By: 4th_point Re: Ready..... - 04/06/14
aalf,

Cool set-up. What's the zero distance?

Going 6x Super Chicken on a 10/22. Waiting on an Anschutz 1407R... going 10x Chicken on that. Both with 25-moa rails. Boxer deserves credit for the 1407R and DIP rail info. I was searching for 54 for awhile.

Had a 453 with 20x Chicken a few years ago and then sold it. Tons of fun beyond 200y.

Jason
Posted By: Ackleyfan Re: Ready..... - 04/06/14
What's with all the "chicken " talk?
Posted By: deflave Re: Ready..... - 04/06/14
I really need to get crackin' on this long range 22LR stuff.

Travis
Posted By: wrongway Re: Ready..... - 04/06/14
You couldnt shoot past your obnoxious personality.
Posted By: 4th_point Re: Ready..... - 04/06/14

SWFA still uses the chicken logo.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: aalf Re: Ready..... - 04/06/14
Originally Posted by 4th_point
Cool set-up. What's the zero distance?

50 yard zero. The NF is still a tad out of whack on parallax there, but I don't expect to play up close that much with it anyhoo.

Originally Posted by deflave
I really need to get crackin' on this long range 22LR stuff.

I concur....it be fun.....
Originally Posted by wrongway
You couldnt shoot past your obnoxious personality.

I think it's cute you made an account just for me.

Travis
No not you, dont flatter yourself, you just happened to be the first retard that responded.

raffing.
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Ready..... - 04/06/14
Well IF Deflave is the first "retard" to respond,that makes you "wrongway" the second.
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Well IF Deflave is the first "retard" to respond,that makes you "wrongway" the second.

That's Mr Rongray to you....
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Ready..... - 04/06/14
Sorry,I stand corrected. wink
Originally Posted by aalf
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

That's Mr Rongray to you....

hey thats funny.

hey thats funny.

So is the fact that you can't afford that car in your avatar.

Travis
Posted By: moosemike Re: Ready..... - 04/06/14
Nor is he old enough to drive it.
Posted By: wrongway Re: Ready..... - 04/07/14
See your still gurgling down your boyfriend in a milk carton there deflate.
Posted By: Rancho_Loco Re: Ready..... - 04/07/14
Chick car..

http://www.graphic-express.com/zy-2010_david_sinclair.asp
Your point ranchocockslammer?
V6..

You have identified yourself as a wannabe f�g, or a f�g.
Hey f�g, why'd you change your avatar? Don't want people to know you like chick cars, or do you know a David Sinclair?
Whats the matter ranchofago?, your boyfriend deflate needed a little help with the new guy?

you 2 arent????,

no?

really!
Posted By: moosemike Re: Ready..... - 04/07/14
Nice avatar. Let me guess, you "own" one of those too? I bet its fun when you pretend to "drive" it?
No, I dont a lambo, YET.

I currently own a jaguar xjs and a porsche 949, used to own a Ferrari f50 but didnt really care for the color.

thanks for asking.
Posted By: MShuntfish Re: Ready..... - 04/07/14
No, I dont a lambo, YET.

I currently own a jaguar xjs and a porsche 949, used to own a Ferrari f50 but didnt really care for the color.

thanks for asking.

Nope
No, I dont a lambo, YET.

thanks for asking.

Posted By: rcamuglia Re: Ready..... - 04/07/14
This is one of the better Long Range forum threads I've seen

LOL
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Ready..... - 04/07/14
No, I dont a lambo, YET.

thanks for asking.
Just keep shovelin'.

[Linked Image]
I wonder if dad has had a talk with wrongway yet..
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco

I don't know. School should let out for the day shortly and you can ask him. grin
Posted By: rosco1 Re: Ready..... - 04/07/14
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
This is one of the better Long Range forum threads I've seen

LOL

the OSHA website has an excellent section on ladders.
Posted By: deflave Re: Ready..... - 04/07/14
aalf needs to quit sitting around.

I want some field/range reports.

Travis
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco

Yep, he told me you were stoopid.
Posted By: aalf Re: Ready..... - 04/07/14
aalf needs to quit sitting around, I want some field/range reports.

Sorry 'flave, not sitting around....switched gears to play with Shamu....

Posted By: deflave Re: Ready..... - 04/07/14
Not a nice nickname if you're talking about a woman.

Travis
Ha ha, ok now thats the funniest thing you said.

ever
Not a nice nickname if you're talking about a woman.

Snork....thank God, no....
Posted By: Boxer Re: Ready..... - 04/07/14
THE Sleeper has arrived.

24 Mils remaining on the erector,from it's 125 yard zero and another 10 on the reticle for 34 Mils total...which is 800yds+ with 17gr V-Max at 2500fps on the nose. That at sea level,as a worst case scenario,on it's 25MOA rail.

[Linked Image]

Has already done nice thangs in it's OEM POS handle and plywood always trump living wood. Thought I had a Blue Plywood coming,but it is,what it is and will become "seasoned" in rapid fashion anyhow.

The glass has 18 Mils remaining,below it's 125yd zero(42 Mils and small change,total erector travel) and a 75MOA-esque rail,would be a nice touch.

Parallax adjustment down to 10-ish yds is rather handy,to have waiting in the wings,for when need arrives. A guy can REALLY thread some [bleep] needles.

Think I'll grind up the issued handle and Smoke Feesh with it.(grin)

[Linked Image]

Wayyyyyyyyy further under the radar,than the Faux 54 MSR T-Hole.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57007
Posted By: Boxer Re: Ready..... - 04/08/14
JBM has a fairly comprehensive list of Rimfire fodder/projectiles and it is far handier to sniff through.

Thus far,for the flavors I have gunned in extrapolation to their(JBM's) genned come-ups,the data has been incredibly accurate and that in a host of known erectors. Temp/atmospheric swings will show great influx,due the Ping Pong Ball BC's and pedestrian launch velocities,coupled with beeg erector dumps,but when factored...nice things can be reliably arranged.

There's been a pretty good run on High Zoot 22LR's as of late and the interest/fun is very WELL founded. They are a [bleep] hoot and will quickly discern which erectors track and which do not,due the gross swings requisite to dabble wayyyyyyy downtown.

With 50+ MILS of ele,in the erector/reticle...a 6x or 10x Fixed [bleep] is tough to whoop.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Ready..... - 04/08/14
Just picked up a Finnish lion valmet 22lr to play with til cheseschutz arrives. Too good a price to not. Came with a jap tasco 24x in a BKL. Time to make an order with swfa and order some 25 moa rails. The 40x might be going in an A2 since its available cheap.
Posted By: aalf Re: Ready..... - 04/09/14
Originally Posted by Boxer
JBM has a fairly comprehensive list of Rimfire fodder/projectiles and it is far handier to sniff through.

Thus far,for the flavors I have gunned in extrapolation to their(JBM's) genned come-ups,the data has been incredibly accurate and that in a host of known erectors. Temp/atmospheric swings will show great influx,due the Ping Pong Ball BC's and pedestrian launch velocities,coupled with beeg erector dumps,but when factored...nice things can be reliably arranged.

Thanks, I hadn't looked there yet, just posted the first "good" link I ran across.

There's been a pretty good run on High Zoot 22LR's as of late and the interest/fun is very WELL founded. They are a [bleep] hoot and will quickly discern which erectors track and which do not,due the gross swings requisite to dabble wayyyyyyy downtown.

I've played quite a bit at 2-250, but haven't done any serious leg stretchin'.....time's here....

With 50+ MILS of ele,in the erector/reticle...a 6x or 10x Fixed [bleep] is tough to whoop.

Imma admitted power whore, so the 22x NF suits me well, as does the R1 reticle.

Shoulda maybe kept the 3.5-15 on it, as I think I remembering getting a focus at 50....them's the brakes sometimes...

This rig gets it's glass stole regularly for test mule status on other projects, so the 22x's won out.

I'll just suffer the consequences.....

Posted By: Boxer Re: Ready..... - 04/09/14
Peench that which is applicable outta JBM and spill your guts on how that data jives for you. I'm routinely amazed.

The Fixed [bleep] bring alotta nice things to the table. 40+ MILS of erector travel and another 10 MILS in the glass,don't suck for wayward pursuits. I'm a big fan of the rear mounted parallax adjustment and it's ability to focus soooooooo close,for threading needles. I'm not an X Slut,as I literally focus the big picture and am always happy to garner that feedback in real time,as it's happening. Seeing trace/impact,can't be lauded enough,as a muchly accelerated learning curve.

I like lotsa glass and strive to have more glass than rifles,though I'll roll 'em to/fro in R&D to see WTF...but I cain't like a nekked rifle,so don't have any.(grin)

While I've never been a Variable Guy,I notice myself perpetually getting further and further away from them and by design. I've no SFP qualm and actually prefer it,but happiness is Fixed Glass for me.

Never caught a good break on the wind,during the last R&R,but intent is still to garner some LR Rimfire footage through the glass...if only as conversation. Could see it bolstering Sales on more than a few thangs.(grin)

Hopin' the 40X finds some ammo it loves,as I'll be curious to hear your thoughts on that which transpires at 400+.
Posted By: aalf Re: Ready..... - 04/09/14

Do what I can when I can....too many irons in fire it seems.

Mean time, obligatory pic....

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Brett_Mc Re: Ready..... - 04/10/14
Sweet color scheme, popped anything living w/ it yet?

I've got a 1407R coming sometime and I will be declaring war on the turtle population once it arrives.
Posted By: Fotis Re: Ready..... - 04/22/14
Very nice color scheme, AAlf!
Posted By: aalf Re: Ready..... - 04/22/14
Originally Posted by Brett_Mc
Sweet color scheme, popped anything living w/ it yet?

Just starlings in the quarry.....mucho fun......
© 24hourcampfire