Home
Posted By: aalf Easter Shoot - 04/21/14
Despite rain warnings, I had to get out. Couldn't stand three guns with scopes not zeroed,
so with only light winds for now, it was off to the private range.

A 6 Dasher, two 6x47 Lapuas, and the 338/300 Ultra:

[Linked Image]

Set the target at 100, and ran a couple through each to get close, and off to 200.

The big gun still impresses.

[Linked Image]

My meager attempt through the spotter:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I loaded and unloaded all my schitt 7-8 times, with the rain that would come through, them leave for a bit, come back, etc., but finally I set up two gongs, one at 785, the other at 980.

[Linked Image]

I managed to shoot three at each gong with the 6x47 before calling it quits, as the rain came back again, looking like it was here to stay.

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh167/alfbucket/013_zpsc6528aed.jpg[/img]

I couldn't get a pic through the scope at the 980 gong to save my ass, so I had to settle for an up close shot:

[img]http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh167/alfbucket/012_zpsa84eb4e2.jpg[/img]

Posted By: deflave Re: Easter Shoot - 04/21/14
Nice shootin' aalf.

You should buy a camera adapter thingy for your spotter. As DigitalDan has said, we can always use some more cool schit, to go with our cool schit.

Travis
Posted By: aalf Re: Easter Shoot - 04/21/14
Funny you bring that up, as I was wasting time this AM looking for a cheaper alternative to nee gar rig something up.
Posted By: 6MMWASP Re: Easter Shoot - 04/21/14
Listen to the guy from Montana. We know how to nee gar rig.
Posted By: deflave Re: Easter Shoot - 04/21/14
I just got the Zeiss to go with my Zeiss and I wish I bought it a long time ago.

Travis
Posted By: Okbow87 Re: Easter Shoot - 04/21/14
Phoneskope is your friend...
I need a Kodak/Swarovski connection that doesn't break the bank.

I haven't got my camera all figured out yet, let alone trying to use my phone.

To show you how much I use my phone, the weather on it was still from the last I used it, and it was showing -2 for a high for the day....
Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: Easter Shoot - 04/21/14
Aalf, dumb question. I assume with those long shots on the gong you just try to center your reticle on the gong itself? I've seen guys paint a dot on center too for a specific aiming point, but looks like you are doing a good job with no bullseye.

Thanks.
I find it's pretty easy to quarter the reticle on the steel, even on 22 power. I prefer the clean slate as well to spot shots, more so when I stretch it out further, and/or when the mirage kicks in.
Posted By: 6MMWASP Re: Easter Shoot - 04/22/14
Cant imagine anything being easy at that range. Nice shooting!
Posted By: aalf Re: Easter Shoot - 04/22/14
Originally Posted by 6MMWASP
Cant imagine anything being easy at that range. Nice shooting!

Thanks....just a chip shot, so to speak....

© 24hourcampfire