Home
Posted By: joelbiltz 800 yard Gunwerks group - 11/10/14
I am very very pleased. For as little as I shoot. Which is only 5-6 times a year I couldn't be happier. This was shot with my be Gunwerks I posted here a few months back.

Specs. Gunwerks LR 1000
7mm LRM pushing Berger Hybrid 180 @3054
G7 5.5-22x50 scope
Atlas bipod

Group was shot prone off rear bag and atlas bipod with a 5-8 quartering L to R wind
This was shot with a witness so no BS here

[Linked Image]
Posted By: rcamuglia Re: 800 yard Gunwerks group - 11/10/14
Looking Great!
Posted By: Okbow87 Re: 800 yard Gunwerks group - 11/10/14
I think with a little load development you might be able to get rid of some of that vertical�. lol! Nice shooting.
Posted By: joelbiltz Re: 800 yard Gunwerks group - 11/10/14
Originally Posted by Okbow87
I think with a little load development you might be able to get rid of some of that vertical�. lol! Nice shooting.

Yep. I think my load development was quick and painless. How can you get much better on the vertical. Now if the wind was constant holy s$$t. That would be one sexy group.
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: 800 yard Gunwerks group - 11/10/14
Nice shooting.
Those 7-LRM's are looking very interesting.

Posted By: drdtmd Re: 800 yard Gunwerks group - 11/10/14
Joe that looks great. I've got a lrm coming soon hope it shoots like yours. Best of luck hunting
Posted By: Okbow87 Re: 800 yard Gunwerks group - 11/10/14
I was being a smart ass. Sub 1" vertical at 800 is pretty amazing.
Posted By: GregW Re: 800 yard Gunwerks group - 11/12/14
Great group bro!

How does it do from field positions?
Posted By: joelbiltz Re: 800 yard Gunwerks group - 11/12/14
Originally Posted by GregW
Great group bro!

How does it do from field positions?

This was shot prone off the ground with the atlas bipod and a rear support. It doesn't get any more field position than that.
Posted By: 2muchgun Re: 800 yard Gunwerks group - 11/13/14
I would sooooooo love to go hunting with the Gunwerks crew and their sharpshooter clients......
Posted By: GregW Re: 800 yard Gunwerks group - 11/13/14
Nice!
Posted By: tonyb Re: 800 yard Gunwerks group - 11/14/14
Going to use the hybrids for hunting?
Posted By: joelbiltz Re: 800 yard Gunwerks group - 11/14/14
Originally Posted by tonyb

I sure am.
Posted By: tonyb Re: 800 yard Gunwerks group - 11/14/14
Originally Posted by joelbiltz

I sure am.

Joel, this is interesting. Do they act like the hunting VLD's, or more like the target VLD's. I never gave them a second thought as for using them for hunting. Have you taken big game with them before, and if so, how did they perform?

Thanks,

Tony.
Posted By: joelbiltz Re: 800 yard Gunwerks group - 11/14/14
Gunwerks crew along with many others have been using them with great success for a long while now.
Posted By: GSSP Re: 800 yard Gunwerks group - 11/14/14
Originally Posted by joelbiltz

I sure am.

Joel, this is interesting. Do they act like the hunting VLD's, or more like the target VLD's. I never gave them a second thought as for using them for hunting. Have you taken big game with them before, and if so, how did they perform?

Thanks,

Tony.

Tony,

From what I've read and from the people I know who have used them, they kill but act more like a Target VLD.

Alan
Posted By: 805 Re: 800 yard Gunwerks group - 11/17/14
I cut a 105VLD and 105 Hybrid and the jackets were almost identical. The hybrid did have more base. The main difference was in the nose cavity length.
Posted By: tcp Re: 800 yard Gunwerks group - 11/18/14
FWIW, I thought I would use Berger 6mm 105 grain target hybrids for hunting whitetail using a 6mm Remington AI, muzzel velocity was 3050 fps.

Placed some plastic 1 gallon milk jugs filled with water at 100 and 500 yards and shot them to make sure that the target bullet would show some expansion.

At 100 yards the jug was ripped apart with a very impressive spray of water.

At 500 yards the bullets penciled thru, no destruction of the jug, just little entry and exit holes. Did not even tip the jug over, leading me to believe the bullet expanded little to none.

They are accurate bullets with an impressive BC but I would not shoot game with them. I do not see any hybrid bullets listed on Berger's site for hunting.
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: 800 yard Gunwerks group - 11/27/14
Looks like the picture is down. Get that back up so we can see the group.
Posted By: joelbiltz Re: 800 yard Gunwerks group - 11/27/14
Here it is again

[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire