Home
Posted By: bellydeep Maybe I'm an Idiot... - 11/25/14
...but what is the rope wrapped around the scope for???

http://www.gaprecision.net/ga-precision-2014-custom-rifles/ga-precision-xtreme-hunter.html
Posted By: Clarkm Re: Maybe I'm an Idiot... - 11/25/14
[Linked Image]

I would have never guessed this, but when I google it, up comes, "how to camouflage a scope"
Posted By: Cinch Re: Maybe I'm an Idiot... - 11/25/14
Possibly to avoid brass rash??
Posted By: Stump Buster Re: Maybe I'm an Idiot... - 11/25/14
I think that may be a bore-snake type tool wrapped around the scope just to keep it with the rifle.

I could be wrong too, and then we'll both learn something.
Posted By: Dogshooter Re: Maybe I'm an Idiot... - 11/26/14
That's not rope..... it's 3/4 mile of steel cable and a choker.... it attaches to a winch in the stock.... f'n UBER....
Place to stick local area vegetation maybe?????

Mike
Posted By: Tanner Re: Maybe I'm an Idiot... - 11/26/14
Usually guys will secure bikini scope covers using a little bit of paracord like that, but since there seems to be no scope covers there.... I really do not know.

Tanner
Posted By: BurninDupont Re: Maybe I'm an Idiot... - 11/26/14
Is that Montana sling on the GAP rifle on upside down or is that the way they're generally strapped on?
Posted By: Higginez Re: Maybe I'm an Idiot... - 11/26/14
I can tell by your sig line you are not an idiot.
Posted By: laker Re: Maybe I'm an Idiot... - 11/26/14
Originally Posted by BurninDupont
Is that Montana sling on the GAP rifle on upside down or is that the way they're generally strapped on?

That's how I run mine but maybe I'm an idiot but that's the way I like em
Posted By: Canazes9 Re: Maybe I'm an Idiot... - 11/26/14

For shooting with a sling it works best slung as shown. If you are just using it as a carry strap it doesn't really matter.

David

Personal preference....I run mine the other way. There's no wrong way.

As far as the rope on the scope, that's an inside joke...I'll never tell!
Posted By: rickmenefee Re: Maybe I'm an Idiot... - 11/26/14
Originally Posted by Tanner
Usually guys will secure bikini scope covers using a little bit of paracord like that, but since there seems to be no scope covers there.... I really do not know.

Tanner
Keep the fleas away from you while dragging.b
Posted By: deflave Re: Maybe I'm an Idiot... - 11/26/14
This is how you use the Montana Sling to keep fleas away from you.

[Linked Image]
Chuck did teach you something. I got the crab medication out before I leaned. Never saw a sling like that. Did you make it?
Originally Posted by deflave
This is how you use the Montana Sling to keep fleas away from you.

[Linked Image]
scenar made it. Just for me.

Shrapnel just found me another one and it didn't cost me a dime because I forgot to pay him before I left Bozeman.

scenar also made my belt. It's uber.

Travis
scenar made it. Just for me.

Shrapnel just found me another one and it didn't cost me a dime because I forgot to pay him before I left Bozeman.

scenar also made my belt. It's uber.

Travis

You keep bagging me up, and I'll send you a Montana Slings hat...grin!
Pat I thought you were a were a deer hunter. You must have been after short stuff to come up with that.
Originally Posted by scenarshooter

I'm shameless.

Travis

I'm shameless.

Travis

PM me your addy..
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Maybe I'm an Idiot... - 11/27/14

I'm shameless.

Travis

PM me your addy..

He's lying if he doesn't give you a Bozeman Address...
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Maybe I'm an Idiot... - 11/27/14
I use Montana Slings and belts. I just learned another use for the sling, thanks Travis.

Is Scenar Shooter associated w/ Montana Slings? If so thanks for the great stuff. Everyone I have talked to there is the best.

mike r
Posted By: bellydeep Re: Maybe I'm an Idiot... - 11/27/14
Originally Posted by lvmiker
I use Montana Slings and belts. I just learned another use for the sling, thanks Travis.

Is Scenar Shooter associated w/ Montana Slings? If so thanks for the great stuff. Everyone I have talked to there is the best.

mike r

He owns the company IIRC.

I was just lamenting to a hunting bud last weekend that my sling would be perfect if it were a little bit longer. I just saw on his website that Pat now offers a long version of the sling! I'll have to make an order before next fall!
Originally Posted by bellydeep

One look and it is easy to tell. He's hoping that he will drop it somewhere and never find that ugly gun again...
Originally Posted by shrapnel

One look and it is easy to tell. He's hoping that he will drop it somewhere and never find that ugly gun again...

You should see him shoot that ugly gun...guarantee it would humble your azz in a hurry.
What are you doing by a computer at this time of day? I didn't think anyone would here to defend it...
[Linked Image]

I'll take ugly all day long......
Posted By: mtcurman Re: Maybe I'm an Idiot... - 11/27/14
I was just lamenting to a hunting bud last weekend that my sling would be perfect if it were a little bit longer. I just saw on his website that Pat now offers a long version of the sling! I'll have to make an order before next fall!

Downstream will be ordering another in that case I'm sure.. His only complaint to me about Montana slings is they're too short to go around his chest.

Ben
Posted By: Tanner Re: Maybe I'm an Idiot... - 11/27/14
[Linked Image]

Not too bad Pat... but I think you might have pulled that one on the right!

Tanner
Posted By: wyoming260 Re: Maybe I'm an Idiot... - 11/27/14
[Linked Image]

I have a small supply of them 130 gr JLKs that were from the Jimmy Knox era...They shoot with ridiculous precision...... Are the new ones from Swampworks as good?????
Posted By: bellydeep Re: Maybe I'm an Idiot... - 11/27/14
Originally Posted by mtcurman

Downstream will be ordering another in that case I'm sure.. His only complaint to me about Montana slings is they're too short to go around his chest.

Ben

I don't carry that way, but mine has worn enough to slowly slip a bit when my gun is slung. A few more inches of leather would put the knot right about where I like to hold the sling when its on my shoulder, thus stopping the slip.
© 24hourcampfire