Home
I first saw this thru the scope a few years ago, been trying to capture it ever since.

Lots of things need to be right to see the projectile this clear.

Angle of shot, weather, time of day...

Anyhow enjoy !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Np9GCFbLZ_Q

You can really see this on a sunny humid day. See this all the time in the summer shooting groundhogs long range. I call it bullet wash.
Very good.
Very cool. Surprising how well the bullet is actually visible. Thanks for sharing...
Baaaahhhd video laugh

Mike
Years ago I was plinking at dirt clods about 100 yards away with a 9 mm pistol. The load was with the Sierra 90 JHC. It was late in the afternoon with the sun at my back and every time I shot I it looked looked like I was shooting tracers...really cool.

I thought I was imagining things when I first saw it but I've seen it a couple of times since but as mentioned above, the conditions have to be just right with the sun hitting a shiney bullet base from behind.
NICE
Very cool video.
Nice video, good shooting.

Yea, one day long ago I was shooting a RBH 41 mag across a sandpit at about 4:30 in the pm. Sun over right shoulder shooting to the SE at a gallon can at the opposite waterline. Took me a few minutes to figure that copper dart I saw fly across the pond each time was actually the 210-gr soft point catching some rays.
Awesome footage.
Neat Video
Outstanding vid there.
The best place we found to watch trace (that's what we always called it) was as close as possible to the rifle. When we were on a flat range we'd set the spotting scope up directly behind the shooter and could see trace almost all the time.The further away from the rifle you are the harder it is to see and read accurately.
Originally Posted by gemby58
You can really see this on a sunny humid day. See this all the time in the summer shooting groundhogs long range. I call it bullet wash.

Its been called trace as long as I can remember here. And on every competitive range I've ever fired on.
Very nice now that I got to watch it. Would love to see that slow motion too.

I'd forgotten how fast those blips are.

Not like the trace to a mile on a 50 bmg where its in flight for 4-5 seconds.
Very nice. I saw the same thing through binoculars a while ago. The shot was not as far but I could clearly see the reflection of the sun from the bullet. People thought I was making the whole thing up smile

Pieter
Cool video.

Wish you spoke english though.
Awesome video.... I see that pretty frequently actually.

Here's a couple in slow-motion.... can't see them all the way in...but you can see the bullet definitively.

[video:youtube]92EhLXjio2o[/video]
Shooting long range via fog is kinda cool like that...
if the angle is right, hardball from a 45 acp is slow enough you can see that bullet in flight too.
Several years ago, Big Stick posted a video of Troy (Big Sky) shooting a bear across an Alaskan inlet. Can't remember the range but seems it was in the 400 yard range or so. You could easily see the pressure wave and bullet all the way to the target and hitting the bear.

Bob
© 24hourcampfire