Home
The load for the 6.5RUMLN is 102.5 grains of US869 sparked by Federal 215 Magnum primers pushing Scenar 123 grain bullet. The case holds 109 grains of water to the top of the neck.

While ago I took six rounds to the range and two rifles chambered in the new wildcat. It is a .338 RUM capacity case on a 7RUM case resulting in a .350" length neck. One rifle uses a 26" Christensen Arms barrel and ran 3,720 feet per second. The other runs a 28" Lilja and averaged 3,816 feet per second. It's a start.
Man that is smokin!!! And I mean velocity...and powder.
For grins I fired the light one without the brake. It weighs 7lb 13oz. That, my friend, was a wake up call!
I believe it!! The first time I pulled the trigger on a sproter weigth 300 RUM caused me to return to my first love...the 30-06.
First (only)time I fired my .300 Rum with the brake and no ear muffs sent me running for a wrench. I'd 1000 times rather take it on the shoulder than on the ear drums.
First (only)time I fired my .300 Rum with the brake and no ear muffs sent me running for a wrench. I'd 1000 times rather take it on the shoulder than on the ear drums.

Firing any firearm without modern ear protection is so 1999. I think I know one guy who does not use electronic hearing protection when hunting. I'm not one with a size 4 hat and a size 44 chest. Kinda like not using a scope after about 1960. Or not using binoculars after about 2000.
Obviously we know different people.
Even folks who get a GED instead of a diploma know enough to protect their hearing.
Having a bad day?
Model70Guy,

You remind me of smokepole. He likes to have the last word too.
Mr Pot, meet Kettle. Kettle; Pot.
Originally Posted by Ringman
For grins I fired the light one without the brake. It weighs 7lb 13oz. That, my friend, was a wake up call!

Were you grinning afterwards or grimacing?
Reloder28,

Were you grinning afterwards or grimacing?

Grimacing! Yesterday it got a Terminator T3. I can hardly wait to compare it to one that I make. That will be next week sometime, Lord willin'.
Ringman, I'm surprised that no one has pointed out the other variables involved with barrels from two different manufacturers that render the conclusion in your thread title invalid...
smokepole,

Thanks for the heads up.
You're welcome, least I could do.
© 24hourcampfire