Home
i have the build below just to be different and I happen to love my Rugers.

I am at the Barrel,Chamber and Coating phase.
This is the project so far.....thinking of Cerokoting everything Stainless or Gun Metal Stainless as this will mainly be a Target Rifle.

What I have:
1.Ruger MKII Stainless Magnum .532 Action
2. Weigand Rail
3. Timney Trigger 2lbs
4. PTG Detach bottom METAL...... COMING
5. McMillan A5-3 Flush Cups and Adjustable Cheek
6. Harris Bi-Pod
7. Vortex Viper 5x-15x 42mm PST Mil/Mil

Now what I need:

1: Which Barrel Twist Rate for Each?
2. Fluted or No?
3. 26 N or 28 N and why?
4. Minimum Barrel Length optimal for each?
5. can you recommend a gunsmith to screw it all together and back J into the McMillan?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
I would do a 28 Nosler. No particular reason....I like the heavier bullets, but more recoil. Fluting is preference base, it looks cool more than anything. It reduces weight, ect but it is more of a coolness factor for me and that equates to cost so leaving that up to you. For a hunting setup style I would keep the barrel at 26". Not sure on gunsmith although there are a few on here. Enjoy.

28 for me.
sendero profile,non fluted. 28-30" in 26 nosler with a muzzle break with 1 in 8 twist..i would contact straight shooter supply in north bend Oregon and see if they will do the work for you.
.i would contact straight shooter supply in north bend Oregon and see if they will do the work for you.

He did some work for me. I had to drive two hours one way to get there. Good job, good price, fast turn around. Unusual for a gunsmith.
I'd ditch that rail, just look at how high it puts your scope. Also, Ruger magnum actions are a bummer unless you plan on turning it into some sort of short mag. They don't offer much latitude...
© 24hourcampfire