Home
Posted By: 1234 leupold range finder - 02/15/16
are they warrenteed like the scopes? has the 1000 yard range finder been discontinued ? have a chance to pick one up at a reasonable price.

Ed
Posted By: longbarrel Re: leupold range finder - 02/15/16
Yes: "Leupold product..."
https://www.leupold.com/resources/leupold-gold-ring-full-lifetime-guarantee/

The top of the line rangefinder is now a 1200.
https://www.leupold.com/hunting-shooting/rangefinders/rx-rangefinders/
Posted By: Pahntr760 Re: leupold range finder - 02/15/16
They are only 2 years on the electronics. But as typical with Leupold, they will likely take care of you if need-be. A co-worker had his crap out at about 3 years, Leupold gave him a gift card for the original purchase price.
Posted By: las Re: leupold range finder - 02/19/16
Keep in mind that even in good conditions range finders will usually range a non-reflective animal to about half the distance the finder is "good" to on "reflective" items. Them reflective critters are hard to find in the wild..... smile.

Leopold seems to be slightly better. I've ranged caribou to a bit over 500 with my 800si. The Nikon 400 has had trouble ranging a moose a bit over 200, but I've ranged birch trees or white rocks to 350 or so with it. Once I even nailed a big white rock at 420.

Definitely get the 1200 if you want to shoot animals to 700 or so.
Posted By: Ringman Re: leupold range finder - 02/19/16
My Leica 1200 scan would range more than half for sure. I ranged a Black Angus at 1,050.
I have a RX1000TBi, it is very accurate on reflective surfaces, a bit less on non reflective surfaces. I run black angus cattle, and on a nice clear day with some cloud cover, it will range to 900yrds without trouble, half that in poor weather or at night with mist about.
I am very happy with it for what I use it for, mostly pest destruction and deer hunting thrown in.

Cheers.
cool
Posted By: 358Norma_fan Re: leupold range finder - 02/24/16
If you haven't purchased yet, I'm hearing really good things about the Sig rangefinder. It's making people rethink their Leica 1600's.
Posted By: Ringman Re: leupold range finder - 02/24/16
358Norma_fan,

I agree. I sold my Leica 1200 scan after my Sig Kilo 2000 arrived.
Posted By: tbear99 Re: leupold range finder - 02/27/16
i borrowed a leupold range finder for a hunting trip and you had to be super steady to get good readings.I finally bought my own after reading about different rf's and settled for the sig so far it is amazing it will read with being a little shaky.So far i've ranged cows at 900 yards and a building at 1100 yards.The deer are still herded up and haven't seen them while having it with me.
© 24hourcampfire