Home
Posted By: ICDUCKS Huskemaw vs Nightforce?? - 06/14/16
Looking for a new scope for my 30-378. It will be hitting steel and hunting. I think I've come to the choice of a Huskemaw Blue Diamond 5-20 or a Nightforce SHV 5-20. Have never owned either. Am I headed in the right direction? Have I not been looking at the right stuff? Appreciate any help.
Posted By: 1minute Re: Huskemaw vs Nightforce?? - 06/14/16
Can't speak to the scopes, but I had to go to Talley rings to keep my Leupold from sliding forward in the rings on a 30-378 Accumark.
For that price range and experience I would opt the Burris XTRII 5-25 SCR MIL or SWFA HD 5-20 milquad. I started with the SHV on my heavy 300wm and was under impressed with clarity, focus and eyebox for me and the way I shoot.. I swapped to the aforementioned Burris and life is grand. I run the SWFA on my LR308 and also think highly of it.
The Nightfarce has an impossibly short eye relief for a magnum chambered rifle.

The Burris looks nice but is large and heavy. Don't know anything about the SWFA scopes.

The Huskemaws I have looked through and played with were nice scopes.
Posted By: BobinNH Re: Huskemaw vs Nightforce?? - 06/14/16
Why do people put the same thread in two different locations?
Posted By: ICDUCKS Re: Huskemaw vs Nightforce?? - 06/15/16
Why do people always worry about what someone else is doing? Maybe if some people would read all of the info, they wouldn't have to ask a question that has already been answered. Good day, Sir.
Posted By: RDW Re: Huskemaw vs Nightforce?? - 06/15/16
Originally Posted by BobinNH

To give you something to do?
Posted By: Canazes9 Re: Huskemaw vs Nightforce?? - 06/15/16

When you get your own act cleaned up you can start correcting me.

Until then....please buzz off. wink

Who appointed you the site monitor?

Posted By: BobinNH Re: Huskemaw vs Nightforce?? - 06/15/16
Originally Posted by Canazes9

When you get your own act cleaned up you can start correcting me.

Until then....please buzz off. wink

Who appointed you the site monitor?

FO. Jerk.

I asked a question. Not the same as always sticking my busy body nose in where it doesn't belong, like you. Chronic PITA.
Posted By: Canazes9 Re: Huskemaw vs Nightforce?? - 06/15/16

FO. Jerk.

I asked a question. Not the same as always sticking my busy body nose in where it doesn't belong, like you. Chronic PITA.

Originally Posted by kingston
I was going to cut it up into little pieces, stuff them into a flat rate box and send them to BoobnotinNH, but that was before I knew it was worth $400.

Aren't you cute and clever. You over 12 years old? You just didn't like my opinion. No surprise.

Take a look at the title of your thread. You asked for an opinion....I gave you one which don't seem to like. So, you didn't want "opinions"...you wanted your little ego stroked and wanted to let everyone know how "cool" you were cause you knew how to use the term "Melvinizing".

Even funnier is you don't even know what you have with a 7 mag. Doubt you've hunted anything further west than Albany.

You didn't like my advice either which was "don't waste your money". So save the postage...toss it in the trash.

Looks like 260 bailed you out for $400. He did you a favor.
Posted By: Ringman Re: Huskemaw vs Nightforce?? - 06/15/16

BobinNH,

He put it here first but no one responded so he posted again in the optical forum.
Posted By: ICDUCKS Re: Huskemaw vs Nightforce?? - 06/15/16
Thank you to everyone who helped with their opinions. Seems to be an overwhelming majority saying NF. NF it will be.
I just got an Athlon Cronus 4-29 and I'm pretty impressed with it so far. Compared it to a Bushnell XRS 4.5-30, Burris XTR 5-25, Nightforce ATACR F-1, and Super Sniper 5-20. I'd say it was better glass than all but the SS that damn thing has better glass than my buddies S&B.
Posted By: tonyb Re: Huskemaw vs Nightforce?? - 06/26/16
NF for me!

Tony.
© 24hourcampfire