Home
From Bushnell, 15-45x60. FLP, mil-hash (FFP), Rainguard, and under $500.

Haven't seen one in person yet, but seems to be getting some good reviews online so far.

I stole these pics from the Bushnell site...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
I like mine a lot, if I get the chance I'll do a little write up and comparison.
Leupold reloaded.......
I would be interested in hearing your thoughts Carl
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
Leupold reloaded.......

Yep
What are the rails for?

Dave
Would be very interested to hear how these stack up against the Leupold.

John
It's pretty darn good, and of the four spotters I currently have it's the one I plan on keeping. I'll write up something better with pictures tomorrow, but it serves my particular purposes very well.

I wish I had a Leupold 12-40 with TMR here for direct comparison, as that's the spotter this one is clearly copying. Word on the hide is that it compares favorably, but at a sub $500 price point.

I think the rails will be primarily for mounting a rangefinder on the same tripod mount, pointing in the same direction.
I just read an on line review that states the optical quality to be no where near that of the Leupold GR series
Originally Posted by deflave
What are the rails for?

Dave

On my spotters at work I use the top rail for a LRF/Laser Designator/IR illuminator. I have a T1 red dot also to help get the spotter on target really fast.
What? no camera, Kestrel, or smartphone attached? slacker.....

Carl, give an impression of ergo's, optics, mechanics if you would.
What are the rails for?

Dave

Hoping for a tactical beer can holder.
Originally Posted by huntsman22
What? no camera, Kestrel, or smartphone attached? slacker.....

I can do those things too I guess but usually don't. The DSLR mounts via an adapter to the ocular lense and has its own rail to support both so it isn't just hanging off the eye-piece. It can become a true monster apparatus.
I do wish my Zeiss spotter had some reticle in it, but for the quality of the glass I can't complain and most everything else I"ve got, including L, is pretty dark murky junky looking.
Dave,

ACI would be the only thing I'd be bolting to the rail, but I get angle-of-the-dangle from my LRF.

On the M151 spotter, I've seen them hang MRDs and lasers, along with the NV on the front.

J
So who has the best price on these? Think I need one.
What are the rails for?

Dave

I'm thinking a set of back up iron sights would really mess with the tactical crowd.

I've always been a trend setter...
Hig,

Not sure on the lowest price but SWFA with the 10%-off for the 4th would have been the lowest price I've seen. I think that deal expired though.

Irons aren't a bad idea. I had an aiming tube on one of my spotters.

J
Originally Posted by rost495
I do wish my Zeiss spotter had some reticle in it, but for the quality of the glass I can't complain and most everything else I"ve got, including L, is pretty dark murky junky looking.

Guess you need a Hendsholt
What's the reticle do?
The biggest thing a reticle allows is for the spotter to give on the fly corrections for the next shot without guesswork while eliminating all the BS conversation.
Originally Posted by bearstalker
What's the reticle do?

"You're one mil right."

Dave
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
Leupold reloaded.......

I agree. Here's a Leupold 12-40x60 right here.
[Linked Image]jpg images
reticle

Many times I've wished for a reticle when trying to point out some obscure object. No need for all the cross hatches or rails though.
That was Leupold's intention with the original GR fixed spotters.

It works like a charm too.

Dave
© 24hourcampfire