Home
I have a box of 178 eld x bullets that I want to load in my 300 weatherby. I had been loading 212s in it and took an elk with them this year, but would like a little less drop for hunting purposes. Planning on using either h1000 or 7828 ssc as that is what i have on hand.

I am looking for more help as far as seating depths rather than charge weights, but recipes are appreciated.
Seems like the 212's would be the ticket in a big case like the 300 bee -good luck .

How did the bullet perform on the Elk ?
As I said before, I did some testing and hunted with em this last fall. Reality is that the 212 never catches the 178 in trajectory. And the 178 is plenty enough for elk. If I can do a bit flatter trajectory out to 400 or so and minimize margin of error, I would rather do that.

As far as the 212, took a bull elk at just over 200 yards with it, through both shoulders, about a dime sized entry wound and a good sized exit. Inside was ugly. Bloodshot most of both front quarters. Only shot I had though as I was shooting through a small window in the trees. Cant complain about performance, bull went 20 yards and piled up.
© 24hourcampfire