Home
Posted By: d500lnn Bob Green Rifles - 02/11/23
How many Bob Green builds are out there? I have one in a 270 and it’s a hammer. One of my favorite rifles, just a little big to tote thru the woods and sit in tree stands. Show your BG rifles
Posted By: gene270 Re: Bob Green Rifles - 02/11/23
YEAH I know some people that have them....good stuff
a serious mistake on my part....
Posted By: butchlambert1 Re: Bob Green Rifles - 02/11/23
Bob made some very nice rifles and is a good guy.
Posted By: Al_Nyhus Re: Bob Green Rifles - 02/11/23
Listen to Butch! -Al
Posted By: memtb Re: Bob Green Rifles - 02/11/23
Is this the same Bob Green that had a gun shop in Glenrock, Wyoming? memtb
Posted By: gene270 Re: Bob Green Rifles - 02/11/23
no not to my knowledge...he is in Pa.
Posted By: lone wolf Re: Bob Green Rifles - 02/12/23
I’ve had a few built by him. Bob did some nice work. Great guy to talk with on the phone, very helpful. I heard he retired a few years ago.
Posted By: gene270 Re: Bob Green Rifles - 02/12/23
his web site is still up
Posted By: jdunham Re: Bob Green Rifles - 02/12/23
I have a half dozen still in my safe. I sold a seventh and kind of miss it, lol. Great guy to talk to and a great smith who has very quick turnarounds and reasonable pricing. He took some time off during covid but is doing work again.
Posted By: jdunham Re: Bob Green Rifles - 02/12/23
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

6.5x47 Lapua

30-06

Twin 6.5x47 Lapua I had to have built after my son claimed my first one.

20 Vartarg
Posted By: memtb Re: Bob Green Rifles - 02/12/23
Originally Posted by gene270
no not to my knowledge...he is in Pa.

Thanks! I had a “BF”…….I was thinking of Roger Green! A heck of a good ‘smith. Hand delivered a Winchester 21, that he had reworked from the bottom up, to the first George Bush in the Oval Office! My rifle came from his shop! memtb
Posted By: EdM Re: Bob Green Rifles - 02/12/23
Nope. Only Roger Green here.
Posted By: WayneShaw Re: Bob Green Rifles - 02/12/23
I used to shoot benchrest with Bob a long time ago. Great guy and talented gunsmith.
Posted By: knifeman Re: Bob Green Rifles - 02/16/23
Bob built a 20 Vartarg for me years ago. Great smith and good turnaround time. Will have him build another as soon as I find a fireball action.
Posted By: jdunham Re: Bob Green Rifles - 02/17/23
Originally Posted by knifeman
Bob built a 20 Vartarg for me years ago. Great smith and good turnaround time. Will have him build another as soon as I find a fireball action.

I built the 20 Vartarg above on a Stiller Predator action. Feeds and ejects better than any of the fireball actions I have had. I never needed a second shot with it anyway, it is easily the most accurate rifle I have and I never miss with it. I had Bob build me a heavier prairie dog rifle in 20 Vartarg and just went with the single shot predator action on that one.
© 24hourcampfire