Home
Posted By: Duvel Kimber 243 with MPI Mannlicher - 02/07/24
Had this Kimber re-stocked for my daughter. It’s chambered in 243, 18 3/4” barrel. Rick Steinhour did the stock work. MPI Mannlicher, 12.5” LOP. Turned out fantastic! Incredibly slim and petite, weighs 5lbs 8oz as pictured. Just wanted to brag on Rick’s work, my daughter is really proud of this rifle!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Duvel

Great looking stock. It might the first mannlicher synthetic stock I've seen.

Hal
Lovely looking rifle. Congratulations!

Very classy and Classic looking.
What a fun looking rig, nice to see something different. I hope she has great success with it.
Neat. I hope your daughter enjoys a lifetime of use with it hunting and shooting.

How did Mr. Steinhour bed it? I've not played with Mannlicher stocked rifles enough to know what's best. I'd think full length neutral bedding would be how I would do it...but that's just a guess from the cheap seats.
Neat rifle and cool that your daughter is proud and excited to own a rifle of her own. Many great memories ahead.
Ricks the Man when it comes to fiberglass stocks!!! I have a Remington 700 that Rick fit a Kimber Montana (it is a Kimber stock, not a MPI Kimber style)stock to
I like that a lot!! Way cool rifle! Congrats for putting something like that together for your daughter.
Very cool looking rifle, but I'm a sucker for rifles with Mannlicher style stocks.

How are you going to scope it?
I love it, only thing missing is the barrel band. I've looked at those MPI Mannlicher stocks for years and never had the right rifle for it.
Wow! That rifle is outstanding!
That's a really nice looking rig!
Duvel could you post a couple more pics of the rifle please?
Rick is the man! He's my only choice for any synthetic stock work. He has done 3 MPI for me (4th waiting to be built) and redid a Micky and a Brown. I'll likely send another micky, a Strata and 2 unknown stocks. My brown was also an unknown ebay find that he discovered was a Brown.

His paint jobs are great and very durable.
I like it!
Cool!
Posted By: EdM Re: Kimber 243 with MPI Mannlicher - 02/10/24
Nice. A mannlicher begs for open sight IMO.
After selling my Remington M7 custom shop because the laminated mannlicher stocks laminate didn't like moisture I thought about one of these. Thanks for taking the plunge and showing us!
Originally Posted by rockdoc
Duvel could you post a couple more pics of the rifle please?

I’m traveling at the moment. I’ll get some posted when I get back.
Thanks for the compliments. I can’t believe how petite it came out. Perfect for a small framed person.
I've known Rick for 25 years and have worked with him in the past. He is a wizard when it comes to fiberglass stocks and building custom rifles. Beautiful rifle you have there!
Originally Posted by EdM
Nice. A mannlicher begs for open sight IMO.
Agree on both points ...... A full stock rifle w/o sights looks like an unfinished project. smile
Originally Posted by Duvel
Had this Kimber re-stocked for my daughter. It’s chambered in 243, 18 3/4” barrel. Rick Steinhour did the stock work. MPI Mannlicher, 12.5” LOP. Turned out fantastic! Incredibly slim and petite, weighs 5lbs 8oz as pictured. Just wanted to brag on Rick’s work, my daughter is really proud of this rifle!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Now that has me thinking about a M-78 I have here in 308. A 20" F/S rifle in that stock would be nice.
That’s cool! Let us know how it shoots!
Wow.. that is awesome.

Would be a fun set up with a reddot.
I shouldn’t have opened this thread. How cool would one of the new Howa Minis, stainless, 6.5 Grendel, mannlicher be….
Originally Posted by Biathlonman
I shouldn’t have opened this thread. How cool would one of the new Howa Minis, stainless, 6.5 Grendel, mannlicher be….
A modern take on the 6.5x54 Mannlicher-Schoenauer 1903, such as carried by W.D.M. Bell.
A fine idea!
Rick does awesome work. He turned down a barrel for me on a model 70. Nobody else would attempt that project, but it came out great. Awesome looking rifle!
More/better pictures please 😎
Originally Posted by Blacktail53

+1
Originally Posted by tkinak

+1
+2
I have a handful of mannlicher rifles, but no synthetic stocks. Yours is beautiful. I'm curious how much furniture like that will set someone back.
I have a 20" 7-08 Turkish Mauser that I was thinking about migrating into a full walnut stock. However, the synthetic could be an option.
Originally Posted by jerrywoodswalker
Originally Posted by tkinak

+1
+2

+3

This has really been eating me up since seeing this thread. I remember seeing some information on the MPI stocks in the past, but I thought that I had read that the original owner passed and they were no longer doing mannlichers. There's very little information online regarding them, I'd be very interested in pictures to see the quality work. Ricks website has some good general pricing information, but also no pictures.
Call them up.
© 24hourcampfire