Home
Posted By: LongDraw 7mm WSM on a Long Action? - 09/10/08
Has anyone built a 7mm WSM on a long action? I would think with the longer 7mm bullets it should make this stubby cartridge shine?
Posted By: Scorpion Re: 7mm WSM on a Long Action? - 09/10/08
I've not personally heard or seen of one. I think you'll find folks use the argument of you may as well build something like a 7RM, 280AI, etc. if you're going to use the long action. On the short action side, I think if you were to use Wyatt's extended box magazine, you could probably seat those bullets way out there somewhere to your liking. If nothing else, just build a single shot and get the chamber reamed with a long throat.
Posted By: woofer Re: 7mm WSM on a Long Action? - 09/10/08
X-2.. rem mag makes sense as does the stw on a long..... the 7RUM with some 160's would look pretty cool............ smile

woofer
I plan on running a Seekins detachable magazine on my 7WSM. I think he's claiming 3.1" plus. Should be more than enough room to seat them out there a ways.

-Dan
7WSM on a long action using Badger DBM & 338LM AI mags makes a nice repeater with the 180VLD. Ask Jered at PAI about it...
Posted By: Scorpion Re: 7mm WSM on a Long Action? - 09/11/08
That does sounds nice..
I made a 7WSM on a Sako AV long action a couple years ago, it has a long throat since OAL is not an issue. I believe it does make this cartridge shine, with 160gr Accubonds and an OAL of 3.145" it shoots at 3185fps with single digit standard deviation.
that is not even in the realm of possibility with a factory 7 WSM chambering.
B
Posted By: mtnman1 Re: 7mm WSM on a Long Action? - 09/11/08
I run with a wyatt's box on a Nesika short action and it shines pretty nicely.
Posted By: Daveh Re: 7mm WSM on a Long Action? - 09/11/08
No ditching Jered but I would NO WAY build a WSM on a LA.
© 24hourcampfire