Home
I know the 6x47 Rem is a .222 Rem Mag necked up to 6mm...any difference btwn the two?
I don't think there is a difference.

Terry
I believe it's a necked down 6.5x47 Lapua, which is a shorty based on a 308 size case head.
about 30 years too. wink

jim
I knew there was a reason I chose the 6x45! smile That and I had about 3000 .223 Rem empty cases in a box and 4 222 Rem magnum cases..Made since at the time, still does! smile
Originally Posted by DoeSlayer
I know the 6x47 Rem is a .222 Rem Mag necked up to 6mm...any difference btwn the two?

the 6x47 Lapua is based on the 6.5x47 lapua case which is similar but different than a .22-250 necked up.

So short answer no they are not the same.
Originally Posted by Jayph
So short answer no they are not the same.

Not even close! smile
It gets confusing using caliber and length:

6x47 Remington
[Linked Image]

6x47 Lapua
[Linked Image]

6x47 Swiss Match
[Linked Image]
The Lapua uses small rifle primers but as stated has the .473" head size.
Ah com'on doeslayer you know velocity is king, there is no real decision here.
But 'ya can't get a Cooper in 6x47 Lapua.

It's been hell today, only me and Dale working. Jolly left awhile ago. Malone and Dean are remodeling in the back.

The 6x47Rem is based on 222 Rem Mag case, it was a good benchrest cartridge before the 6PPC. The 6x47 Lapua come from the 6,5x47Lapua which has the same case head as 308. The 6,5x47 Lapua evolved from the 6x47SM so we can say the 6x47 Lapua is a finn version of the 6x47SM.
These cartridges are very close to the 6-250 or 6mm International. They are made specially for target shooting and CISM competition were they stand wind better than 6mm Norma BR without 308 or 6,5x55 recoil and with better feeding motion in rapid fire events than the 6mm Norma BR. Close to David Tubb's 6mmXC too....
How to reinvent the wheel for rifle loonies and to give something to talk about on camfire forums...
Marseille
© 24hourcampfire