Home
I know it is most likely against the rules but I wish there was a Kampfeld Section where you could go and see his work. The Kampfeld website is good but I bet there is a bunch of stuff that isn't on there that people would like to see. It could be inspiring to get ideas for there next custom. It's an addiction right?

I'll settle for a sticky at the top of the customs forum.

What do you all think?
kallen,
Why not simply start a topic asking members of the fire to show us their rifles with Kampfeld work or complete rifles. I would like to see the pics too. Karl does fine work. I like your idea too.

Dave
I had a bolt fluted by him. I think it looks great.
He's got a rifle of mine pretty much complete, just waiting for one more part to arrive to be done and sent.
Just today I sent a bolt off to him to be fluted for my faux TI.
Great idea to do a Karl thread - good guy by the way. He has done 3 Ti style bolts for me, some Campfire knobs, a complete redo on my 7mm-08 and finally has started work on a all out Kampfeld built rifle, can't wait for that one:)

Who wants to post up first??
Nothing extra fancy on mine, no fluting, etc above the stock line, guess I'm kinda simple in those preferences. Mr. Feldkamp sure puts a nice rifle together and gets all the little details just right.

MRC 1999 stainless action, action lightened, recoil lug milled
Stainless Shilen Select #3, 1/14 twist, 22 inches, chambered in 35 Whelen
Sunny Hill Stainless 670 trigger guard, smoothed/finished, lightened, cerakoted, front screw in a bedded nut
McMillian Edge stock, olive, 1 inch decl, blind mag, stainless studs cerakoted, bedded
VXIII 2.5-8x36...now Conquest 4x32
Talley LW's
7lbs 9oz scoped...now 7lbs 11oz w/Conquest

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Unfortunately I'm located in Canada and can't ship rifles across the border for him to work on.

He did the bottom one for me. (dont mind the j-lock wart, it's been replaced with a Gre-tan pin and shroud)

[Linked Image]
Here is one Karl did earlier this year. It started out just being a stock Remington CDL in 7mm-08 that I had rebarreled by Shilen.
Karl did the following,
Straight fluted the Shilen #3 Contour Select Match stainless barrel, 1-11 twist, bead blasted it, finish at 24".
Kampfeld Recoil lug/Double pinned
Skim bedded the B&C Alaskan Ti take off stock (painted by Charley Santoni)
Graphite black Cerakote the action/bdl factory floor plate - Ti style bolt fluting
Kampfeld Campfire bolt knob
Kampfeld Action lightening & side bolt release
Callahan bolt shroud/firing pin

Finish weight without scope is 6lb 10oz. With DD Leupold and a Mark 2 3x9 it weighs right at 7 1/2 lbs.
I like it:)

Attached picture Copy of Kampfeld #1_0332.JPG
They all look good.
I'm waiting to "get in the door" so he can build me a rifle!!
Here's a picture Karl sent me of mine, a heavy .204 / Pacnor 11 twist barrel / Stiller Predator action / tan & black A5 stock / Jewell trigger / Kampfeld brake.

[Linked Image]

As you would expect, it shoots lights out.
[Linked Image]

Just got this from Karl yesterday. It seemed like an eternity to get it back but worth the wait. He does awsome work and is never to busy to help you out.

308, Schneider barrel, badger action, AI chasis. Schmidt bender Scope.

Rich
[Linked Image]

This is the wife's which she got for Christmas 2007.

* Remington 700 action chambered in .223 Remington.
* Lilja stainless steel #1 contour barrel finished at 22". 1 in 12" twist.
* McMillan "Compact" fiberglass stock. 50% pink, 30% light blue, 20% white. LOP 13".
* Action & barrel cerekoted.
* Jeweled bolt.
* She wears a Leupold VX-II 4-12x40 AO.

Thats.....a....very colorful stock.. grin
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

.243 AI
Rem 700, trued, lapped, fluted bolt
Broughton 5c, 1/8 twist, spiral fluted
Manners MCS-T, clear coat finish

Its a shooter too!!
This is one of the first Kampfeld rifles to grace the forums. I wish I would have kept my mouth shut, now there is a waiting list. frown

[Linked Image]
...And we thank you!!!! Here's my .223AI from Karl:

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
This is one of the first Kampfeld rifles to grace the forums. I wish I would have kept my mouth shut, now there is a waiting list. frown

Here is some of Karls work.........

223AI [Linked Image]

223 [Linked Image]

7-08 [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

His stuff never seems to shoot very well either.........grin

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e140/passport3006/Picture048.jpg[/img]
© 24hourcampfire