Home
But Only Because A wood and blue steel AR-15 would not look right! smile

Bought a DPMS AR-15 with a 24 inch bull barrel on Tuesday, should shoot pretty well, we'll see real soon.
Welcome to the darkside!!!!
THANKS?????

So far, my bolt and lever guns all have nice (some of them are exceptional) wood handles, but a really nice AR sure is fun!
Time to come clean all the way, confession is good for the soul, I think. My waterfowl gun is a Benelli SBE with a synthetic stock and baked on flat black Moly/teflon finish. Back up shotgun and loaner is a REALLY UGLY Mossberg 835 syntthetic with two completely different camo patterns on the barrel and the rest of the gun! My cover is blown!
I keep thinking one day I might get a 6.5 Grendel.....the Les Baer seem to shoot real nice, as do the 260 Panther DPMS.

My younger son who is 12 has a big interest in the ARs and a guy was buying a 22LR model by S&W at a store yesterday, said his Colt shot real well and he wanted to try the Smith. That made me think of one for my boy, be cheaper than dirt to plink with and he would get a big kick out of it I think.

Hope your 223 shoots well for you, let us know.

after you cross the line once, it gets easier wink
safariman,
I'm sure it will be a shooter but you might find that it is quite muzzle heavy. I had an upper in the same configuration as yours and considered lopping off 4" of barrel but this was during the post election craze so I sold it for a nice little sum and ended up with a Colt 20" HBAR upper plus some cash for fodder.
I wanted muzzle heavy so I could watch my bullets hit, even with the scope at higher magnifications. Gunshop had a 20" version in stock and I special ordered the 24. Would have bought a 26 if it had been available.

I have a lightweight Sako Riihimaki in 222 for a walking around and offhand shooting varminter.
Hey safariman, you going to let me cerakote it pink for you? We could add some highlights too..

Sounds like you got just what you wanted, safariman. I didn't realize it would be that heavy when I bought mine online. Mine is more of a walk-about piece. You should be able to see red mist quite well through the scope with that baby!
As an aside, did you go with an aftermarket trigger? I went with a Rock River 2 stage. While there are better ones out there, I didn't have the extra $. After the first stage is taken up, mine is about a fairly crisp 4 lbs. Certainly a lot better than the factory triggers.
You can have wood....
[Linked Image]
WOW! That looks cooler than I thought it would! I have to a set one of these handles! Thanks for the pic. Had not heard of this.
© 24hourcampfire