Home
Let's assume your cerakote is worn or maybe you don't like the color you went with to start with; can you Cerakote over Cerakote???
I called the company to ask this question and they told me it wouldn't adhere right. They said I should have it blasted off and recoat it. I only had a couple small spots so I ended up getting some touch up paint to match it.

Yes and No...

Brasshound,
Can you expand on the YES portion?

I understand the "NO" I believe. In that one would have to blast away the coating and then reapply.
In multi colors, I coat over coats all the time. I have even re-coated a wood stock that I did not care for the color..
[Linked Image]

From Forest Green, to Coyote Tan..
This I my BABY.. 6.5-06. Ted Williams action, Douglas barrel. Tips Mullies easily�

[Linked Image]

I have abused the snot out of it, and no issue what so ever..
The wood was porous.
Also, if you look at the Federal Brown, I tested the RE-DO factor. The action was done at a separate time, and I feathered the color onto the barrel for a blend..
I really like the custom colors now..

I should add, when multi colors are done, I flash the coating between colors. This is so I can prep it for the next color if need be..

FWIW...I know I did find a thin spot on a triggerguard when it came out of the oven one time. Let it cool, then put on another coat and re-baked.

I can't even tell which TG it is now.

That said, if it was anything large and important, I'd re-blast and re-shoot.
© 24hourcampfire