Home
Posted By: Ebby Mickey Coleman Rifles? - 02/24/10
Anybody got any pics of guns that Mickey has put together for you? I know he is on this site and can probably show me some himself but I was just curious. Just talked to him earlier today and he is an extremely nice individual and I was impressed with him and what he had to say. His prices and turn around were very good as well and I am probably going to have him put together my next rifle. Just wondering if anybody has any thoughts on it? Can anybody show off any guns? Thanks
Lee
Posted By: passport Re: Mickey Coleman Rifles? - 02/24/10
I have nothing to show but I can say Mickey is a top notch guy and seems to do great work. Do a search and you will find plenty of guys use him.
Posted By: Ebby Re: Mickey Coleman Rifles? - 02/24/10
Yeah I have found that to be true. Just thought I'd check. I don't have any worries about Mickey. I am waiting on my action to get here so I have a few weeks anyway. Something to kill the time by looking at guns. Thanks
264WM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
223AI

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 1flier Re: Mickey Coleman Rifles? - 02/24/10
I have no M/C rifles but I have spoken with the gentleman and he is as nice as nice gets and you will receive every droplet of skill that he possesses. The reason he aint nicer than he is is that more nice wouldn't fit.

1flier
Posted By: Ebby Re: Mickey Coleman Rifles? - 02/24/10
Thanks Paul, those look good. I am digging both of those calibers. I need a 264 WM and a tactical hunter style 308! Any specs for me?
Lee
Posted By: oulufinn Re: Mickey Coleman Rifles? - 02/24/10
Mr. Coleman built a 350 Remington Mag. for me a few years ago. It is a very good shooter & you will be happy with his work. The bottom pic shows how impressed a Texas hog was!

MRC 1999 action, Douglas barrel, McMillan stock.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
I have known Mickey for a lot of years. Mickey is a real gentleman and a very good gunsmith.
Butch
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: Mickey Coleman Rifles? - 02/24/10
Mr. Coleman has always been super nice to me.... + he's from the great state of AL grin

Here's a few that he rebarreled for me. All are great shooters. All M7 actions, Douglas barrels, and McMillian stocks (laminate restocked to the final pic).

Top: .308
Middle: .358
Bottom (last): .223AI

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: JPro Re: Mickey Coleman Rifles? - 02/24/10
That's a fine looking trio you have there.
I have two rifles coming from Mickey that have a few special features that I will show-off when they're finished!
Don't have any rifles to show, but can attest that he's one of the good guys. I had a project being put together and mu GS couldn't find a M700 recoil lug and Mr. Coleman sent me one and wouldn't charge me for it. If I do have a Rem-based rifle built I plan to have him do it. I've seen enough of his rifles on 24HCF that I'm convinced he's a very capable GS.
Posted By: RickBin Re: Mickey Coleman Rifles? - 02/24/10
[Linked Image]

.338-375 Ruger (.338 Campfire)
Posted By: deflave Re: Mickey Coleman Rifles? - 02/24/10
Originally Posted by Paul Walukewicz
[Linked Image]

Paul,

What is this wicked lookin' bastid chambered in? And is that a Faulks call in the other pic on top of the deer?

Travis
Posted By: Kaleb Re: Mickey Coleman Rifles? - 02/24/10
Posting this pic for Keleb. I assume this is his 25-06.

ok so I don't know how to copy past a pic.
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth..._Design_your_perfect_hunting#Post2931545

maybe this will work.??
He's done two for me and will put a 250AI together when parts arrive. He does good work not much else to add.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Mickey Coleman Rifles? - 02/24/10
Originally Posted by Paul Walukewicz
223AI

[Linked Image]
You sure you didn't steal that rifle from Shirley Muldowney? laugh

Posted By: Rolly Re: Mickey Coleman Rifles? - 02/24/10
What is Micky's contact information? Phone, address?
Posted By: SU35 Re: Mickey Coleman Rifles? - 02/24/10
Mickey has the reputation of being one of the very best chamber men in the business.

Posted By: mathman Re: Mickey Coleman Rifles? - 02/24/10
http://www.colemanrifles.com/
Posted By: badger Re: Mickey Coleman Rifles? - 02/24/10
243AI TAC 30
[Linked Image]

250AI
[Linked Image]

7-08AI
[Linked Image]
It's a 308 Win and yes that is a faulks call! i love that call!
forgot about this one. 7-08 i had put together for my wife.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: deflave Re: Mickey Coleman Rifles? - 02/25/10
I really dig that short barreled .308. Gears spinning now...

Travis
Posted By: keith Re: Mickey Coleman Rifles? - 02/25/10
Micky is one of a hand full of guys that I would trust to build an entire rifle.
Is he still around? I need to contact him
Posted By: Texas Re: Mickey Coleman Rifles? - 02/26/10
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Mr. Coleman has always been super nice to me.... + he's from the great state of AL grin

Here's a few that he rebarreled for me. All are great shooters. All M7 actions, Douglas barrels, and McMillian stocks (laminate restocked to the final pic).

Bottom (last): .223AI

[Linked Image]

I like the Mickey pattern on the .223AI a lot. Do you remember which colors were in the mix???

Texas
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: Mickey Coleman Rifles? - 02/26/10
Hey Texas,

It's 34% Dark Gray, 33% Black, 33% Medium Tan. The "Coyote Bomber" pattern with equal %'s. Thanks,

JCM
Posted By: clark98ut Re: Mickey Coleman Rifles? - 02/26/10
[Linked Image]

Rifle in front is a Coleman-built 223. One of, if not the most, accurate rifles I own.
Posted By: docdb Re: Mickey Coleman Rifles? - 02/26/10
He built my last custom...............
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Mickey Coleman Rifles? - 02/28/10
When I tried to contact him for a Wby rebarrel job last year he would not return my e-mails, voice messages or answer the phone. He finally responded on a p.m. and would not accept the job. I never said or did anything to provoke him to such a degree. I wrote him off.
Reloader28,
I sure don't know about your situation, but that is not Mickey. As you can see from all these post he is very respected. I have not had Mickey do any work for me as I do my own, but have visited with him at his home and know what he does for the BR crowd.
Sorry your deal didn't work out.
Butch
I tried to search his user name for a PM here, but couldn't get him to come up. I haven't seen anything posted from him here in a while, but I've not been hanging out here like I used to.
Jesse he is posting on the hunter campfire forum. Go over there as he has a current post going on how his upgraded Picasa photo program lost all his photos.
Butch
Try this:
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/3845131/3/Picasa_warning
Butch
Posted By: MagMarc Re: Mickey Coleman Rifles? - 03/01/10
He put together my 280 Mountain Rifle. Work was great, fast, and price was fair. He's one of the good guys!
Posted By: SAKO75 Re: Mickey Coleman Rifles? - 03/01/10
Here is a 308 he built me

[Linked Image]
Posted By: mathman Re: Mickey Coleman Rifles? - 03/02/10
The rail Swaro didn't cut it?
Posted By: kallen Re: Mickey Coleman Rifles? - 03/02/10
Not to hijack the thread, but what's the specs on that rifle and the groups?
Posted By: SAKO75 Re: Mickey Coleman Rifles? - 03/02/10
-Stiller Predator Short action with REM extractor
- 22" Mike Rock 5R Barrel, #4 Contour, 1 in 11.27" twist
-Sako Hunter Molded in Dark Camo with 1" Decelerator in ADL configuration
-2 stainless steel sling stids
-Jewel Trigger @ 1.75 pounds
-Black Cerakote everywhere except bolt, I want to get it done as well though
-S&B 3-12x42 in Talley LW's
-Williams Trigger guard
-weighs 7 3/4 pounds without scope

[Linked Image]
Posted By: hardin284 Re: Mickey Coleman Rifles? - 03/02/10
My momma always said that if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anyting at all.....so I should not have said that
Posted By: docdb Re: Mickey Coleman Rifles? - 03/02/10
hardin284, I've had that same problem...
Posted By: Kaleb Re: Mickey Coleman Rifles? - 03/02/10
Mr. Coleman told me he had a real good 308 reamer. I have to agree!
Posted By: badger Re: Mickey Coleman Rifles? - 03/02/10
Originally Posted by Reloder28
When I tried to contact him for a Wby rebarrel job last year he would not return my e-mails, voice messages or answer the phone. He finally responded on a p.m. and would not accept the job. I never said or did anything to provoke him to such a degree. I wrote him off.

Mickey had some medical issues last year & spent some time in the hospital & recuperating at home. Its possible you may have tried to contact him then.......
Posted By: Steve_NO Re: Mickey Coleman Rifles? - 03/05/10
he's done three for me...one waiting to be picked up right now. Here's a .223 walking varminter he did on a Model 7. Great guy, would not hesitate to recommend him.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Steve_NO Re: Mickey Coleman Rifles? - 03/05/10
here's a leftie .257 Roberts he did for my daughter...six and a half pounds all up and shoots sub-1/2 MOA with factory loads:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Mickey Coleman Rifles? - 03/06/10
Originally Posted by badger

Mickey had some medical issues last year & spent some time in the hospital & recuperating at home. Its possible you may have tried to contact him then.......

I would choose to believe that was likely the case. I would not have any reason to think negative of him.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Mickey Coleman Rifles? - 03/07/10
I'd be much happier if someone refused to do some work if they didn't have the time rather than take it on and let it sit. Medical popping up is totally understandable as is life. Mickey is like the rest of us and hasn't had a perfect ride in life either.

If he refused then, and you haven't found anyone give him another call.

Posted By: Clay Re: Mickey Coleman Rifles? - 03/09/10
He's building a custom .308 for me right now from a stainless 700 .308 Mountain Guide. Spoke to Mickey today and he already has the action blueprinted and was waiting on the #3 Douglas barrel to arrive this afternoon. He'll be bedding the action into the Ti stock. Wanted to step up one diameter from the Mountain Rifle barrel contour, which is equivalent to a #2 Douglas.

Originally Posted by Clay
He's building a custom .308 for me right now from a stainless 700 .308 Mountain Guide. Spoke to Mickey today and he already has the action blueprinted and was waiting on the #3 Douglas barrel to arrive this afternoon. He'll be bedding the action into the Ti stock. Wanted to step up one diameter from the Mountain Rifle barrel contour, which is equivalent to a #2 Douglas.

I hope he can keep our stuff separate! wink I'd hate for him to send you my faux NULA!! grin

Clay
Posted By: Kaleb Re: Mickey Coleman Rifles? - 03/09/10
Wanted to step up one diameter from the Mountain Rifle barrel contour, which is equivalent to a #2 Douglas.

If your wanting "a step up from mountain contour" I'm thinkin the #3 is a real big step. Its like a magnumb contour(Mickey has put two Douglas #3 on actions for me). The #2 Douglas would be closer to a sporter not mountain rifle.

Will be a super nice build for shure. Mickey does a great job.
Posted By: noKnees Re: Mickey Coleman Rifles? - 03/09/10
Originally Posted by Kaleb
Wanted to step up one diameter from the Mountain Rifle barrel contour, which is equivalent to a #2 Douglas.

If your wanting "a step up from mountain contour" I'm thinkin the #3 is a real big step. Its like a magnumb contour(Mickey has put two Douglas #3 on actions for me). The #2 Douglas would be closer to a sporter not mountain rifle.

Kaleb is right on this. 3 is a fairly beefy barrel
Posted By: bgold Re: Mickey Coleman Rifles? - 03/09/10
Mickey built this one for jds, although I enjoy it now. I had to use his pics, though, since I don't have any of my own.

25-284 and currently wears a 3.5-10 VX-III:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Clay Re: Mickey Coleman Rifles? - 03/09/10
That's good to hear, I wanted a sporter-magnum profile so sounds perfect. Have more than enough rifles with mountain rifle contour barrels and been leaning toward more weight out front.

Really likin' the #5 Broughton on my GAP Non-Typical .280 in the McM Edge stock. It is defintely a heavier contour barrel and loves the Berger VLD Hunting pills.
Posted By: MColeman Re: Mickey Coleman Rifles? - 03/11/10

I'm sorry but I don't remember this incident at all. It's my habit to return calls and e-mails as soon as I learn of them. Can't imagine what went wrong here. My apologies.

Posted By: MColeman Re: Mickey Coleman Rifles? - 03/11/10
Originally Posted by Jesse Jaymes
I tried to search his user name for a PM here, but couldn't get him to come up. I haven't seen anything posted from him here in a while, but I've not been hanging out here like I used to.

Jesse, I seldom go anywhere except the Hunter's Campfire forum. It's just pure chance that I stumbled on this thread. You guys are making me blush. Keep it up!
Damn,
I started to call you today to wake you up! You are going to the SS aren't you?
Butch
Posted By: MColeman Re: Mickey Coleman Rifles? - 03/12/10
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
Damn,
I started to call you today to wake you up! You are going to the SS aren't you?
Butch

'Fraid not. My eye problems makes it impossible for me to sight a rifle with any degree of confidence. I've really lost interest in shooting. I'm down to one BR rifle/scope and may sell those. I gave my Hood press to Tim Gardner if that tells you anything.

I did consider going just to visit and may yet decide to do that but not to shoot.
Mickey,
The visit is the best part. The Aussies are flying in the 18th and stay with us until the 22nd. I will carry them and Jay Lynn to the SS. I'm sure not going to kick everybody's butt, just to renew friendships with our friends from about the World.
Take care of yourself and I hope to see you there.
Butch
© 24hourcampfire