Home
Posted By: xwe666 Fn model 70 mcmillan stock - 04/19/10
Witch mcmillan stock would you recommend for a medium-heavy barrel fn mod 70 chambered in 22-250.This rifle will be used as a walking varmint rifle so I want something fairly compact.

I was interested in a sako classic pattern (I thought I saw a few picture of that stock on model 70)but Mcmillan told me it was not available.

And is the fn mod 70 fit in the same stock as the nh classic rifle.
Posted By: D2Junky Re: Fn model 70 mcmillan stock - 04/19/10
I have an m40 headed this way for the pbr xp barreled action I picked up from cdnn. It's a love it or hate it stock for some.....I love it. They aren't extremely heavy and won't make contours below a 5 look rediculous.

After that it kinda depens on your definition of med-heavy as to what will fit and look ok. I'm NOT a fan of the McMillan classic.
Posted By: xwe666 Re: Fn model 70 mcmillan stock - 04/20/10
I was thinking about going with the supergrade but I heard mix report on them.Anybody got a pic of one with a #5 countour barrel?
Posted By: D2Junky Re: Fn model 70 mcmillan stock - 04/20/10
There is a thread if you search comparing all the stocks for length, pull, drop, etc on Model 70's that will give you some idea. They are a tad long in the forend but will handle a 5 no problem. Check posts made by BobinNH and Utah708. I'm thinking about one for my 7 STW
Posted By: Dayton Re: Fn model 70 mcmillan stock - 04/20/10
Originally Posted by D2Junky
There is a thread if you search comparing all the stocks for length, pull, drop, etc on Model 70's that will give you some idea. They are a tad long in the forend but will handle a 5 no problem. Check posts made by BobinNH and Utah708. I'm thinking about one for my 7 STW

Here you go:
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/3469855/1
Posted By: xwe666 Re: Fn model 70 mcmillan stock - 04/20/10
Thanks
© 24hourcampfire