Home
Just saw these barrels being offered for Rem 700's.

Look pretty nice for a locknut barrel.

Sure make those 700 rebarrels easy enough for anyone to do.

Not cheap though.

Check them out. The .270 barrel has a picture with it.

http://www.bergarabarrels.com/bergarabarrels/drop-in-barrels/remington-700-rifle-barrels.html/
Pac-nor has been doing it for some time.
Yes they have but only on a custom basis.

They still don't list them anywhere I could find on their website.
Just call PacNor and order. Every so often they make a batch of them. Didn't take very long to get mine.
I'm not a big fan of the locknut type of headspacing.

I have a lathe in my basement so a properly shouldered barrel is what I like.

The locknut does make barrel changes much more accessible to a great number of people though.

BTW, if you don't mind me asking, what does Pac-Nor charge for the locknut 700 barrel?
They still don't list them anywhere I could find on their website.

http://www.pac-nor.com/prefit/
Yeah me neither.

It says they thread for the 700 family but it says nothing about a Savage style locknut for the 700 family.
In fact it says that they thread all their prefits with a short thread shank with the shoulder to be set back to obtain proper headspace.
Originally Posted by nsaqam

BTW, if you don't mind me asking, what does Pac-Nor charge for the locknut 700 barrel?

I got a couple barrel nuts, no barrels. A Rem would be no more difficult than a Savage pre-fit. Price should be the same. Call and ask.

One advantage with the barrel nut is it allows a straight/no taper barrel that's 1-1/16" dia. A shouldered barrel is heavier. A shouldered straight tube is much heavier. With straight tube the barrel can be set back a couple times for rechamber/new throat and not run into problems with barrel taper.
All good points Ackman. I guess I see the point for a target/heavy barrel rifle.

Thanks.
Shilen has or will have them as their new receiver uses the Savage type nut and Bolt head. The rest is Remington.
Butch
I use these on a barrel band with some bailing wire;
Powder coated aluminum bitchezz...
[Linked Image]
Thats the ticket!!
© 24hourcampfire