Home
Anybody know a good and reasonable "600" smith??
If a guy can do a 700, I'd think he could do a 600. I don't know if that helps much....
Butch Lambert here did some outstanding work on a 600. Might contact him.
What are you looking at having done? I have had IT&D do the rebarreling and the McMillan stocks have been fitted by me. McMillan will do it for you too.

[Linked Image]

RH
I just want it trued, rear bridge drilled for Talleys, and a barrel, that I have, screwed on... and maybe have it coated..

Oh, and a Bansner blank fitted with a pad and installed.. I will have the "Binmeister" give her a nice blue/white Swirley..
This is the 600 that I did for my Grandson.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
I did it right and it cost more than a Custom Remington clone. Also the good mod 7 and 700 triggers won't work. They are in the way of the rear tang screw. The Anschutz bolt release and the Mauser G33/40 cuts on the receiver didn't have to be done. I made a custom aluminum one piece scope mount that allowed the use of aluminum BR scope rings.
Butch
Those pics are why I mentioned you Butch, SWEET 600, Nice work sir. That handle looks like my Alpine's, nice.

BTW, Pm me as it gets closer, to the upcoming DFW show in August, will try to make that happen, and get to meet you.
Headed to Alaska tomorrow. First time back since we moved back in 1980.
Butch
Butch, enjoy, just got back myself for my first trip w/my boys to boot. Enjoy and stay safe.
Thanks, guys.. Just bought a SUB-MOA 257wtby so the 600 projects go on the back burner for a while again!!
© 24hourcampfire