Home
Posted By: bwinters Wyatts magazine box - 08/14/10
I think a couple of guys have tried these. What did it cost? Was it worth it?

I'm finding my M700 SAUM's like COAL slightly longer than can fit in the mag box. The L&G start at 2.89 and 2.99 respectively in my 7mm/300 SAUM. I would like a bit more flexibility........
SU35 will be able to school you on all you need to know on this one.

Dober
Posted By: mtnman1 Re: Wyatts magazine box - 08/15/10
I've got a center feed in my nesika 7 whizzum and it works fine. I've had not complaints with it. My action was cut for an extended box originally so it was basically a drop in. My only complaint is I'd really like to be able to put 3 down instead of 2, but I've never really needed more than 1 anyway.
Posted By: splattermatic Re: Wyatts magazine box - 08/15/10
i have one in my 300 rum. works great.
cost ?
the box itself isn't bad, but what a machinist would charge is ??
you must mill away the middle adl screw hole area in the bottom of the action to get it to fit. then take apart the bolt stop and file/grind away a bit so the bolt pulls farther to the rear.
that i did by hand until a loaded round would eject without hitting the front of the action.
Posted By: kallen Re: Wyatts magazine box - 08/15/10
There isn't much of a choice if you want to seat out longer. You either work with the Wyatt's or you have a gunsmith shorten the freebore or you can use your gun as a single shot. smile

I have a extended stagger feed wyatt's. The gunsmith had to adjust the lips of the box to make it feed "OK". It is possible but it isn't a drop in deal as you probably already know. I reloaded some a couple days ago and my 150 gr ballistic tips had a OAL of 2.92 with being .030 off the lands. There would be a big jump to the lands without the extended box.
Posted By: SU35 Re: Wyatts magazine box - 08/15/10
I use the Wyatts in two short action 700 Ti's.
One in WSM and and the other a 6.5-284.
Mine allow me to seat bullets further out with NO problems feeding or ejecting.

Would probably allow you to seat 180 VLD's in your SAUM.

They're not that expensive and worth every penny.
Just call Wyatt himself, he'll walk you through.
Posted By: bwinters Re: Wyatts magazine box - 08/16/10
Thanks guys. Will call them tomorrow.
Posted By: Seafire Re: Wyatts magazine box - 08/21/10
I am lucky enough to know Kevin Wyatt personally.. you could never find a better guy or a better gunsmith in my book...he is nothing but topshelf!
Posted By: bwinters Re: Wyatts magazine box - 08/21/10
I called him yesterday. I'm loading rounds for both rifles starting 0.005" off the L&G to see if it makes sense. I know in my 7SAUM it likes a COAL longer than the mag box with Magnum powder.

We'll see - it certainly is reasonable.
Posted By: kallen Re: Wyatts magazine box - 08/25/10
+1
He is a great guy to talk with and very helpful.
Posted By: statjunk Re: Wyatts magazine box - 08/25/10
He was also very helpful when I called. Agreed to talk to my smith if there were any questions on the install. It wasn't necessary but was nice to offer.

Tom
Posted By: Jesse Jaymes Re: Wyatts magazine box - 08/26/10
Just shipped him my rifle to fix last week.....he will be 'smith # 3. Ditto. Good sounding guy to rap with. Will report on the work if the thread is still active.

Was also hoping for 3 rounds down....he says No Dice without quite a bit of work.
Posted By: bwinters Re: Wyatts magazine box - 08/29/10
I'd be real interested in how your rifle turns out. Please let us know.
© 24hourcampfire