Home
I can't remember posting this - it's the first group I shot after doing my breakin on the new barrel that was put on this Sako to get her to the 9.3 pipe.

[Linked Image]
Better sell it quick as it's clearly NG. I'll help you out with a $100 offer for it.

Had excellent luck with same bullet and 55gr of 3031.
I need to try the 286's JB's always talking about.

The 250's don't kick nearly as bad as I thought they would.

Spot
Oh, that's TERRIBLE. You missed the bullseye. Sell it.
Keeper!

Wow, that'll work!
What are you going to hunt with it? Nice shooting, BTW.
Looks like it will hunt......What bbl maker?
I hope it improves, looks like my Sister shot that group! Ha, can't ask for much more than that unless you did it offhand!
You need some work, not a single shot struck center. Place the barrel over an anvil about half-way down and strike the top muzzle end with a sledge hammer a few hard licks. That should probably get your group down a tad so you can at least get a few bullets into the bullseye. Better luck next try.

Otherwise, OUTSTANDING!!
Ya gotta love it when a plan comes together!
Originally Posted by safariman
What are you going to hunt with it? Nice shooting, BTW.

Elk

it's a 36 Whelen is it not.
Originally Posted by gunnut308
Looks like it will hunt......What bbl maker?

lilja

I still need to get used to her but I LIKE IT !
Spot, Got a pic of the rifle? that rig will hunt for sure!
Here's pictures of the rifle from that day when I was cleaning it between rounds for the breakin of the barrel - per the smith who put it together.

Sako 85 finnlight action, with a lilja barrel same twist rate as the stock CZ's, in a McMillan Edge stock with a 2.5-8x Leupold on top.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Awsome group and Great lookin shooter you put together! grin What kind of speeds are you getting? How long is the barrel?
Spot,

That rifle looks cool and good luck with it. What was the 85 before the new tube?
270 finnlight.

So I've got it just incase I want to put it back, but that's pretty unlikely.
© 24hourcampfire