Home
Any picture or blueprints out there? I just aquired a Model 7 stainless synthetic in 7/08 and am wondering where to go with it?
Bumblebee, #1 SS Pac-Nor 1-8" twist, 21" in McMillan Mountain Rifle stock, 223AI

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Pretty much all factory, except I had the MR contour tube screwed off and screwed on a factory sporter contour tube in 308 and cut to 21", McMillan M7 stock

[Linked Image]

I wouldn't build on M7 on purpose again.
I currently have a Lilja #1 blank with a .284" bore at the gunsmith and a Kimber Montana in 243 sitting in the safe. Trying to decide to drop the money and have the Kimber built up or just buy this Model 7 in 7/08 from a friend (I don't really own it yet, but it's mine if I want it).
Wuff's didn't like the above rifle when it was a 7mm08. Only issue is a found that 20" tube a little barrel light, though an Edge would likely cure that.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
I'll try to find a couple photos.
The first is a 6.5X47Lapua-Shilen barrel, Jewell trigger, Brown Precision "Pounder" stock. Metal and stock finish is Charlie Santoni.
[Linked Image]
The next one belongs to one of my Grandson's and it has A Shilen stainless barrel, Jewell trigger, Brown Precision stock and it is in 30BR.
[Linked Image]
This one belongs to another Grandson. It is in 6X47Lapua. It has a Shilen barrel, Shilen trigger, PT&G 3 pos safety, and also a Brown Precision stock.
[Linked Image]
I can't find the photos of the one I built my oldest son 3 yrs. ago. It is in 300SAUM, Shilen stainless barrel, Shilen trigger, Brown Precision stock, custom bolt handle, Black T by Birdsong and Black paint on the stock.

Butch
great eye candy there, fellas...
I have an XCR version 243 in a Brown KS stock.

I would say that it is about the nicest blueprint I've ever had in my mitts. I'd put one together just like it if I had to do one on my own.
Lots of them here:

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/3945107/1
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Model Seven SS action. Factory Laminated stock. 6 BR. Number four Douglas installed by Mickey Coleman. 2-10 x 38 Weaver in Burris Signature Zee mounts.

8.5lbs of one hole group shooting goodness. grin
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
[Linked Image]

Rancho, Whats the story on the muddy 7?
Rainy antelope hunt, and went down in the goop on the way back to the truck.

Took care of it with a quick spritz...

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Steelhead

[Linked Image]

Scott, this may be a bit OT, but the green/white stock... 50%/50% medium green and white Mountain Rifle?
M7 is one of the better all rounders ever. I currently have a 223 with a Shilen 1 in 9" and a stock SS 260 Rem. My M7 223 is a stone cold murderer. Lots of good times past and ahead.

Cheers to the M7's.

Joseph
sweet rifles bump for a bookmark for a future project
Stock Model 7 SS .260 Rem.
Talley LWT's, VXII 2-7X33
McEDGE Rem Mountain pattern

6lbs 4.9 oz as you see it.

[Linked Image]
Nice rifles guys. I need to get me a Model 7 one of these days.
7mm-08 LSS

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Supertrucker
Any picture or blueprints out there? I just aquired a Model 7 stainless synthetic in 7/08 and am wondering where to go with it?

21" factory tube 7/08 in McMillan Edge (old style Rem Custom shop M7 KS mold). Perfect balance.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I really like this stock. The short forend works well with a shorter bbl.

[Linked Image]
M7 7-08 in McMillan ADL M7 KS Edge (unpainted)

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

DMc
Model 7 Stainless 358 Win 20" Douglas #2 contour Leupold VX-3 2.5-8x36mm. 7 pounds 5 ounces.

[Linked Image]

Ken
Some of these pics really make me want an Edge for my Model 7 260. Any thoughts on the KS vs the Hunters Edge/Compact patterns?
For scope use, the KS wins hands down. Great ergos.

For quick looks at sights and such, then the Compact is nicer.
Like Yamaha used to say, "Different strokes for different folks".

I don' care for the ergs of the KS pistol grip and even though the Compact has a more open, shallow radius, pistol grip geometry than I care for, I'd take it over the KS all day, every day.

Jeff
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Like Yamaha used to say, "Different strokes for different folks".

I don' care for the ergs of the KS pistol grip and even though the Compact has a more open, shallow radius, pistol grip geometry than I care for, I'd take it over the KS all day, every day.

Jeff

The KS pistol grip takes a bit of getting used to, but when out hunting with different gloves, mittens, etc., it sure is nice in that it allows different positioning of the hand without difficulty. I've come to like it, a lot!

BTW, got any KS stocks that you want to sell?
It was on a Remington 600 that I sold to a guy who I don't like.

Jeff
Got two, both in McMillans and Chanlynn barrels. Both guns have 22in Barrels. I like the feel of a little more weight out front and hate the muzzle blast of 20in or shorter barrels. The top one is a 7mm-08 and the bottom a 257R.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by DMc
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

DMc

You don't see many of those FS and KS M7's for sale. Nice stuff.

Here is my M7 SAUM turned 350 mag, again.

[Linked Image]

Thank you. The 2nd from the top was a 35 Remington and was sold to Firearms44 (Ken) (Posted above), he didn't like the stock and I got it back. It's now a 250 Savage. The top picture is a 300 Savage. The bottom with the Brown FS stock is a 6mm Rem.

DMc
not too custom...

factory 260 converted to ADL in a HTS/Bansner stock

[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire