Home
Has anybody orderd a stock from McMillan for a BRNO ZG47?

They come in various barrel configurations, so I just wonderd if they inlett for them all? Or one specific?

I have the standard mod, solderd on back sight.. wich is attached through the stock.
I would be very surprised if they made one given the market size. I would get ahold of Doc at MPI. I am sure he will make you one as I have an "odd" one about to go to him.
PM ShootToWin and discuss it with him.
We do not have the inlet program for the ZG47.
Having a gunsmith mill out a flat top is the only choice then I pressume?

How difficult is it for somebody to do so? Chipping the outer shell? Should I paint the stock afterwards?

What stocks are most used for Mauser actions? Sako Classic?
I have one on my 9,3 and expecting another for my -06.
Interarms MkX both of them. Works great!
You had them custom fitted?
The ZG47 is an m/98 - it's as simple as that. The differences are no greater than the differences between two military m/98 actions. The inlet for the bottom metal will differ a bit from an MkX but it's not something anyone without five thumbs on each hand can not fix.... wink
Putting a McMillan stock on a rifle with the class and pedigree of yours is just WRONG.
Originally Posted by safariman
Putting a McMillan stock on a rifle with the class and pedigree of yours is just WRONG.

I agree.
I disagree.
I had an m21, and putting a mcmillan on THAT would have been wrong. wink
The ZG:s are good, but if you want to get the best use of them, put a better stock on them. The stocks are bulky and not nice to use with scopes mounted.
Having a MKx stock on them, makes them top modern but still hand made...
I think that hurt my stomach a little...
Sell it to me and go buy something else...
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
rifle:
First of all, i live in Europe. If you can change the rules for gunshipping, I will be glad to make money by selling ZG:s to you folks over there.
I`ll simply buy them for the prices they go for here, and sell them to you for the prices over there! wink

Second, why should I sell my two? They are of the best I can afford, at least with the "improvement" I have made by putting them in Mcmillans.
Yes, I USE my rifles... smile
I can agree with your situation,I just have a hard time with plastic on such a fine rifle.I use mine every year too.They are not seen here much and so far,I have bought the four I have been able to put my hands on.
The world is a funny thing sometimes.....carry on
I have seen ZGs go for $500.. I bought mine for $1200.

HVA 640s with FN action for $300.

I could sell you a spare stock? What does those go for in the States?

The ZG is utilitarian.. it has all the desirable attributes I want in a action, except a 1 piece bottom metall. Its not perfectly finnished, still with small tooling marks. It does not need a walnut stock. Its made for hunting, hence a hunters stock wink

However McMillans are expensive over here. $1500 custom fitted with pillars.
Asti, I echo your sentiment on working rifles. I actually like the looks of a good fiberglass stock. The 2 calibers that you have are my 2 main go to rifles...30/06 and 9.3x62 Husqvarna commercial Mausers. I like them a lot. I've only seen one ZG47 and that was in Rapid City several years ago.

I'd like to see your 2 ZGs if you wouldn't mind putting them up for us. grin
Yep, I`ll try posting pics when they are completed. I am just waiting for the -06 to get its Mcswirly, after that I`ll post.

The 9.3 is topped with a 1.1-4 Swaro with CD-I reticle and the -06 has a 2.5-10 Swaro with 4N-Illuminated reticle. They make apretty good pair! grin
Looking forward to your future post! grin
Nortman, The ZG 47 is just a good commercial standard size 98 mauser. The only thing different is the dovetails on tht top of the receiver rings. One of my books lists it as a small ring and one lists it as a large ring. Tell us what the front right diameter is and we can do a 95% inlet for you just like all the other 98 varients.
Dick at McMillans
© 24hourcampfire