Home
Posted By: Seafire 20 Caliber K Hornet ? - 11/27/11
I am sure it has been done, but what is the name of the Wildcat for that K Hornet, necked down to 20 caliber?
Posted By: Craigster Re: 20 Caliber K Hornet ? - 11/27/11
20 Ackley Hornet .
Posted By: VonGruff Re: 20 Caliber K Hornet ? - 11/27/11
[Linked Image]

Von Gruff.
Posted By: Seafire Re: 20 Caliber K Hornet ? - 11/27/11
Thanks to both Craigster and Herr Von Gruff...
Posted By: ab_bentley Re: 20 Caliber K Hornet ? - 11/28/11
20 Ackley Hornet. Adam

www.saubier.com

I shoot the smaller version, the 20Mink it's one hell of a cartridge. 10.6gr of Enforcer will push a 32gr bullet 3200fps from a 20" barrel. Adam
Posted By: Mntngoat Re: 20 Caliber K Hornet ? - 11/28/11
20 Killer bee Better brass to boot.

Heres the 17 caliber version

[Linked Image]

ML
Posted By: ab_bentley Re: 20 Caliber K Hornet ? - 11/28/11
Don't listen to MtnGoat, bad idea. Adam
Posted By: Craigster Re: 20 Caliber K Hornet ? - 11/29/11
Originally Posted by ab_bentley

Why?
Posted By: Teal Re: 20 Caliber K Hornet ? - 11/29/11
As long as we're talking 22 Hornet and her derivatives - is the K Hornet a 250 yard Coyote rifle?
Posted By: ab_bentley Re: 20 Caliber K Hornet ? - 11/29/11
Originally Posted by Craigster

Why?

Well for starters, I have seen and fondled some of his goodies, it's just going to cost you money and greif. You'll have to buy a larger safe and then the wife (if she's still hanging in there by that time) will wonder why you need fourty small caliber rifles, trust me not a row you want to hoe. Adam
Posted By: ab_bentley Re: 20 Caliber K Hornet ? - 11/29/11
Originally Posted by teal
As long as we're talking 22 Hornet and her derivatives - is the K Hornet a 250 yard Coyote rifle?

I can be, my little Mink has killed them that far out. Adam

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Blueprinted Re: 20 Caliber K Hornet ? - 11/29/11
Mntngoat has some really, really nice rifles. Sub calibers are super addictive. It is amzing how lethal a tiny bullet with a few grains of powder piles critters up and stack bullets on top of each other on paper. All you need is a Bullberry double end form die and a reamer. IIRC JLC precision will covert a Redding die to bushing for about 60bucks. Lee die might work also.

Seafire all you need is a 204 take off or a greenmountain. You are not gonna break the bank with this one.
Posted By: AB2506 Re: 20 Caliber K Hornet ? - 11/29/11
Calho0n has a similar 19 caliber round called the 19 Calhoon.

http://jamescalhoon.com/
Posted By: CrowRifle Re: 20 Caliber K Hornet ? - 11/29/11
That 22 Mink looks like it might scratch an itch I got. Can you tell me more about it?
Posted By: Craigster Re: 20 Caliber K Hornet ? - 11/29/11
Originally Posted by Craigster

Why?

Well for starters, I have seen and fondled some of his goodies, it's just going to cost you money and greif. You'll have to buy a larger safe and then the wife (if she's still hanging in there by that time) will wonder why you need fourty small caliber rifles, trust me not a row you want to hoe. Adam

I know the feeling.
Posted By: VonGruff Re: 20 Caliber K Hornet ? - 11/29/11
When I wanted a 20 VarTarg, I bought an XR100 in 204 and shortened the chamber by 16.5mm and a simple rechamber got me the VarTarg. My forever rabbit rifle. 35gn Berger at 3735fps over 19.2gn 4198 and-or 34gn Nosler over 9gn Blue Dot for 2700fps and ideal for most of the shots presented in the area I hunt now.

Von Gruff.
© 24hourcampfire