Home
Posted By: blargon Sako 75 V stock weight... - 05/17/12
Does anyone know the weight of a Sako 75 V Hunter wood stock?
Posted By: Mntngoat Re: Sako 75 V stock weight... - 05/18/12
my last one was 2 lbs 6 oz

ML
I do not have a wooden one but do have a synthetic one if that helps you any. Just let me know and I will weigh it.

Dink
Posted By: blargon Re: Sako 75 V stock weight... - 05/19/12
If you dont mind weighing the synthetic, I'd appreciate it, thanks. Have one inbound, just trying to figure out how much weight I can cut with a McMillan.
My synthetic stock weighs 2lbs 5.2oz.

Dink
Posted By: blargon Re: Sako 75 V stock weight... - 05/19/12
Thanks
Posted By: blargon Re: Sako 75 V stock weight... - 05/23/12
Rifle came in. Stock is an oil finished 75 hunter, weighing in at 2lbs 10 Oz. its a brute, but will be replaced.
How much would the McMillan Sako pattern with Edge fill weigh for a IV Sako 75? I've often wondered how much weight I would save on my stock 75 Finnlight.

Hope I'm not hijacking.
Posted By: blargon Re: Sako 75 V stock weight... - 05/23/12
I have one on a 75 III action, weighs 26 Oz. Saved 10 Oz over the factory finnlight stock. The IV stock would weigh probably 2 oz less, as the longer action, would remove more material.
RH,

I talked to Ryan last week before ordering a New Mcmillan hunter for a Borden and he said the weight should come in at 25-26 with Edge fill. If I'm not mistaken, that stock is very similar to the Sako Hunter, so weight should be similar.

25-26 will be a heck of alot better than 32, but that 6 oz is sure reflected at checkout laugh
Thanks guys.It's maby not worth it for the 6-10 OZ weight reduction.My 75 shoots sub MOA with factory ammo and the unbedded factory stock.I do like the non slip surfaces but I really hate looking at that injection formed ridge.It just looks really cheap to me for such a nice rifle.
Posted By: blargon Re: Sako 75 V stock weight... - 05/25/12
Guaranteed at least 10oz, maybe 12. I'd do it and not look back...
© 24hourcampfire