Home
Ordered 5/23, delivered 9-18.

McM New Hunter with Edge fill and 1/2" decel.

[Linked Image]

Ordered a Rock #4 and Timberline Mag at the same time, just waiting on them to show now. Sort of surprised, figured I might receive the action or barrel 1st.

Love the stock, fits like a glove. The cast and palm swell are really comfy. Much preferred over the Classic for me.

It'll be all SS with a Satin finish, fluted 25" pipe in 257Wby, and black webbing on the stock when Robert gets finished. Ordered Talley LWs with the action, just haven't decided on glass. May go another Z5 3.8-18x44 or maybe a Z3 4-12x50, can't make up my mind. May scratch that and go VX6 if the new 18 comes out in time. Course, I'd have to go up to 30mm rings for the 6.

Have a good one,

Loder
I hope your rock barrel comes in quicker than the one i have on order 8 months and holding
I see bugholes has a #4 fluted rock barrel in stock if that helps you

gene
Thanks Gene, I'd rather go non fluted and let Robert get the fluting done after his part. I'll prob just wait it out as I have my rigs picked for this season anyway. May put in for 1st rifle CO Elk next yr, so hopefully she'll be done by then.

Have a good one,

loder
Any idea of the weight of that stock?Thanks,Monashee
Originally Posted by Monashee
Any idea of the weight of that stock?Thanks,Monashee

I'll put it on a scale later this eve Monashee.
Glad I read down. I was going to ask the same thing wink
Congrats Ronny
It's fun when they arrive!! Thx for sharing. Good luck on the build! I'm due in early November.
Hey Reloader, I have Mcmillan hunter on order as well .. Do you mind telling me your height and weight and features. I think this is the pattern that will fit me best as well. Im 6'2 195 lbs with long arms, neck, and torso
Originally Posted by BurninDupont
Hey Reloader, I have Mcmillan hunter on order as well .. Do you mind telling me your height and weight and features. I think this is the pattern that will fit me best as well. Im 6'2 195 lbs with long arms, neck, and torso

6-2, large frame, 270lbs. Went with 13.5 LOP.
Weighed it last night, 25.7oz as pictured.

[Linked Image]

Palm swell:
[Linked Image]

Channel for a Rock 4:
[Linked Image]

Up close of the texture:
[Linked Image]
Thanks for the weight Reloader 7RM.that is a fine looking stock. Monashee
I've got a Browning Classic Edge coming in for my stainless A-Bolt tomorrow. The paint will be gray base W/black and tan specs. I'm shak'n like a dog shatt'n razor blades!
Got the exact stock on order for my 6.5 Sherman except in tan with black specks. I hear ya rj308. I'm guessing mid november for mine if the 16 week thing holds up.

Roy
Originally Posted by RTSJ
Got the exact stock on order for my 6.5 Sherman except in tan with black specks. I hear ya rj308. I'm guessing mid november for mine if the 16 week thing holds up.

Roy

At 16 weeks I should be getting a stock next week...... wink Nice to think of after today.... Would have time to bed and get it ready before the season starts mid-Oct.
Stopped by Robert's this week and he had one in standard fill at the shop. Has a great fit and feel.
My Browning A-Bolt Classic Edge came in today. I absolutely love it. It was almost 18 weeks, but very much worth the wait. As said in my above post, color is gray base with black and tan specs. I will not have time to mess with it untill after I return from Europe in November, but I will see if I can post up a couple of pics of the naked stock so you guys can see how the color combo looks. Weight is 22 ounces. That should make for a pretty damn light weight A-Bolt.
Nice rj, show us some pics, I would like to see that spec pattern up close.
OK. Here's a pic of the gray base, black and tan spec finish on my new stock. I will also post this pic in the sticky.
[Linked Image]
Looks good rj, thanks for the pic.

I may try a grey with black speckle.
Originally Posted by Reloader7RM
Looks good rj, thanks for the pic.

I may try a grey with black speckle.

McMillan just shipped mine to JKob in that color. I'll post a pic when I get it back, but I don't know when that will be just yet.

It's a McM Classic Edge. It will pair with the Rock #3 for the 30-06.
Nice Joel. I bet that will turn out sweet. Should be pretty light as well.
© 24hourcampfire