Home
I'm looking to replace one of my Tikka factory stocks with a Mcmillan......what stock styles will work?
I'm wanting a Sako Classic,I have on a couple of Rugers and Weatherby Vanguards.

Anyone running a Sako Classic on a Tikka ?
Check Stocky's. They show the Sako classic and hunter as being available for the T3.
Ryan (shoottowin) has confirmed here previously that the Sako Classic is available for the T3, so you are good to go.

It should be a nice upgrade.
I have a classic arriving tomorrow for a T3. I'll give some feedback when I nest the action in and see how it goes together. I believe there are a few configurations that McMillan inlets for the T3...classic and hunter being two of them as aboltfan noted. Some tactical configurations are also available if I'm not mistaken.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Sako Varmint.
Did you get an Edge fill ?
If so....what did it weigh?
Thanks
Edit...It's a Sako Varmint.

Standard fill, and I never weighed it. Approx. weight is 2#.
Nice....tell me more about the bedding,please.
Thanks
They come with a Tikka style lug installed, maybe even glued in. On this rifle, I had a new lug made and TIG welded to the action slot. Then the full action bedded into the stock.
Thanks for posting the pics Al. Very nice! I went with the standard fill as well.
Originally Posted by 32_20fan
I have a classic arriving tomorrow for a T3. I'll give some feedback when I nest the action in and see how it goes together. I believe there are a few configurations that McMillan inlets for the T3...classic and hunter being two of them as aboltfan noted. Some tactical configurations are also available if I'm not mistaken.

Can you post a picture of your Sako Classic stock with your Tikka in it....please smile
Is this your .223 project Mistem?
mistem,

Sorry about that, the stock did arrive but I got pulled in another direction and haven't had a chance to take some pics. I'll snap some pics and get them posted this evening.
I know this is subjective, but between the Sako Hunter and the Classic I would go Hunter. I have both styles but they are inletted for Howa's.

Travis
Deflave,

I hoping to shoot the classic this weekend but initial handling has me itching to try the sako hunter configuration for the T3. I shot a hunter configured gun awhile back and thought maybe a classic would fit me a little better....now having handled both I'm leaning towards the hunter.
I have no logical explanation as to why the Hunter fits me so well. I typically don't like palm swells, I don't like MC style ass ends, the thing is uglier than I am. But for whatever reason, it feels great in my hands. (The stock you sick bastards)

Travis
Some pics of a Tikka T3 ('06) in a McM Classic. In terms of weight, my crappy scale indicated 25 oz for the factory plastic and 30 oz for the McM. Don't take those numbers to the bank because my scale is hardly lab quality. The scope is a 2-7x33 with Warne mounts.

Luggette:
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x456/jfeiger/photo7.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x456/jfeiger/photo8.jpg[/img]
Sir, that looks excellent. I really like the the slender lines of the Sako Classic pattern.

I like the Hunter pattern as well. It is perfection in the human interface department, but I keep coming back to a sleek, light stock.
Originally Posted by 32_20fan
Deflave,

I hoping to shoot the classic this weekend but initial handling has me itching to try the sako hunter configuration for the T3. I shot a hunter configured gun awhile back and thought maybe a classic would fit me a little better....now having handled both I'm leaning towards the hunter.

I'd be interested in your classic ...if you want to pedal it grin
Originally Posted by tipmover

Shawn
Nope...wanting to upgrade to an Edge on my 6.5 Swede that currently has wood......Deflave (Travis) don't get excited grin
32-20
Could you post a picture of the left side of the stock....cheek piece?
I like the stock...I don't think this is a Sako Classic styled stock though.
Thanks
Here's a Sako Classic styled stock on a Weatherby Vanguard
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Mistem,

I'll snap a pic of the left side and post the pic. It does indeed have the cheek-piece.

I'll definitely keep you in mind if I decide to try another configuration.
Originally Posted by mistem
Originally Posted by tipmover

Shawn
Nope...wanting to upgrade to an Edge on my 6.5 Swede that currently has wood......Deflave (Travis) don't get excited grin

Euro trash with wood??!! Good God...

Travis
Manners also makes A3 styles stocks, but I like McMillan more
© 24hourcampfire