Home
Posted By: KuduBull Rebarrel a Tikka T3 - 10/04/12
I was out shooting with a friend yesterday and noticed a bulge in the barrel of his Tikka T3 in .223. Can anyone offer advice or suggestions for a barrel and a gunsmith? Thanks in advance.
Posted By: varmintsinc Re: Rebarrel a Tikka T3 - 10/04/12
More info please. Did he stick a bullet and put another one behind it? Almost any smith can rebarrel a Tikka, they are somewhat notorius for being cranked on gorilla tight and about half require a relief cut to get it pulled.
Posted By: yukonal Re: Rebarrel a Tikka T3 - 10/05/12
Originally Posted by varmintsinc
Almost any smith can rebarrel a Tikka, they are somewhat notorius for being cranked on gorilla tight and about half require a relief cut to get it pulled.

You are exactly right. The 3 I've built in the last 6 months ALL had to have a relief cut to get them off. But the barrel is shot anyway.
Posted By: bea175 Re: Rebarrel a Tikka T3 - 10/05/12
the rifle may be covered under warranty
Posted By: JeffP40 Re: Rebarrel a Tikka T3 - 10/07/12
Gotta give some more info. Does it shoot ok? Is it something new or just noticed? If it came from the factory that way and shoots good, no problem. If he had an obstruction and bulged it, his bad, find a good smith and go to it. I'm sure there is a good on near you.
Posted By: KuduBull Re: Rebarrel a Tikka T3 - 10/07/12
Sorry I was out for a few days. The gun has 5000 rounds or so through it. He said it was shooting poor and wanted me to look at it. I noticed the bulge, so I'm thinking he stuck a bullet and did not know it.

He was asking me what kind of barrel to install and recommendation for a smith. I have not been impressed with a few smiths here in Denver area. Thanks for your help and comments.
© 24hourcampfire