Home
Posted By: Travis13 Time to Order an Edge - 11/06/12
Who do I order a hunters edge from for a m70 extreme weather. Also other than weight what benefits can I expect? Are they worth it?
Posted By: KDK Re: Time to Order an Edge - 11/06/12
RB, here at the 'fire.

Weight, stiffness, you can get exactly what you want as far as pattern, LOP (big one for me) color, splatter or not...
Posted By: deflave Re: Time to Order an Edge - 11/06/12
I'm not real familiar with that model rifle, but you may want to consider a standard fill or it may end up too muzzle heavy.

Travis
Posted By: EdM Re: Time to Order an Edge - 11/06/12
And, to the above, what cartridge does it shoot and what is its intended purpose?
Posted By: Travis13 Re: Time to Order an Edge - 11/06/12
7mm-08, and it is mainly a deer rifle but I will load 100gr sierras for varmint. Not really a walking gun but I'm young and will carry it around occasionally. What marble pattern do you recommend for a stainless barrel and action?
Posted By: Lonny Re: Time to Order an Edge - 11/06/12
Unless something has changed recently at McM, when you go Edge (graphite) you have to go with a painted finish. If you go standard fiberglass, you can choose a marbled molded in pattern of your pick.
I'd consult with Brad from here, he's got this stuff dialed in. Bottom line, I'd order it so I could run PT&G bottom metal in it.

Dober
Posted By: Kimber7man Re: Time to Order an Edge - 11/07/12
Can you order an Edge in the painted speckle tone finish?
Posted By: TDN Re: Time to Order an Edge - 11/07/12
Yes, EDGE and speckletone is a "go."

A "Hunter's EDGE" w/ PT&G bottom metal and 1/2 pad would give you the lightest and most well balanced rig (IMHO) with what you have.

Then just choose what speckle colors you want, pay, and wait it out.

Here are some good ideas:
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthread...Millan_Speckletone_Granite_F#Post6488249
© 24hourcampfire