Home
Posted By: Oregon45 Let's see some Manners stocks - 12/22/12
Was taking stock of the Manners stocks that Stocky's keeps in stock (say that three times fast grin ) working on ideas for my next Remington 700 based build. They look pretty neat, but I haven't seen too many rigs that are built around a Manners stock. So, if you've got one, let's hear about it. Pics are appreciated grin
Manners GAT stock
GAP 6mm Crusader
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Manners T5 .308
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Manners T5A .338LM long range dogger grin
[Linked Image]
[img]http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/GAP_1.JPG[/img]

Manners SL, 100% Carbon fill, 6.5 SAUM

Coming soon grin

Show off.....grin!
Thanks for the pics!
Here's a REM 700 in 6x47 Lapua in a manners T5.

[Linked Image]
Thanks. I'm liking the looks of that T5. I've never run a thumbhole stock but I might have to give the T5 a try. How's the balance with a varmint/sendero type barrel contour?
balance is great, fit and feel is incredible.

I like it in all shooting positions, very easy to get behind it.

there are some on the ready to ship page too wink

http://mannersstocks.com/stocks-for-sale/

Both long and short action, Sendero profile, mini chasis, M5, or BDL. Pretty well covers ya !
Thanks for the link. If I build on one it'll definitely be with an AI magazine system. It's good to see Manners keeps so many in stock in the popular configurations; makes timing the build a bit easier.
I'm using this MCS-T on my .308. I really like the shape of the stock and although it lacks a vertical grip, it's incredibly comfortable to shoot prone.

Here it is as it sits now...

[Linked Image]

And here you can see the shape a bit better, this was before it's "make-under".... grin
[Linked Image]

The stock pack isn't necessary to get my eye into a good spot in relation with the scope, but I kind of smash my face into it and it's like shooting off a pillow.

Bedded and floated, it shoots really well. I think you'll love the Manners.
Thanks Tanner; that stocks looks like an improved version of the McMillan HTG, but with a higher comb and more vertical grip, the absence of which were my primary complaints about the HTG stock.
I'd say that's exactly how I'd describe it.
T5A here, I was a good bit nervous when ordering after not handling one but am very pleased after using it for the last few months.

[Linked Image]
Nortex, how much does T5A cost?
As it sits it would have bee $1094 with all the options (Mini Chasis, flush cups and sling studs) but I traded an M1 Garand with ammo for it.
I really like manners stocks. I just got the t5a, but so far I think I like it a lot for a tactical rig.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I sold this rifle with the mcs-t, but I liked it a lot as well. This rifle has a hart 5.5 contour in it in case anybody was wondering.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by scenarshooter
Show off.....grin!

Grin !
Originally Posted by Okbow87
I really like manners stocks. I just got the t5a, but so far I think I like it a lot for a tactical rig.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I sold this rifle with the mcs-t, but I liked it a lot as well. This rifle has a hart 5.5 contour in it in case anybody was wondering.
Was that "gloves needed" texture?
[Linked Image]
Dug up this old thread of mine. Figured it'd need some updating with all the neat Manners-stocked builds we've been seeing lately.
Newest to stable... Heavy 6.5 saum T5A elite tactical midnight

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Extreme Hunter. SL 100% carbon fiber

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Love that extreme hunter SL!
Three amigos ... Manners SL on Extreme Hunter rifles

[Linked Image]

Posted By: EdM Re: Let's see some Manners stocks - 11/14/14
Do they make anything "lean" for those that chase critters climbing mountains?
This EH2 is lighter than a standard fill McClassic...... I believe it's 31oz...

[Linked Image]
The SL on Sendero Man's rifle above and the EH3 on this one are both quite light. It is lighter than the edge filled Classic I had on before it.

[Linked Image]
Manners MCS-T on a .243 ACK built by Karl.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: KDF Re: Let's see some Manners stocks - 11/14/14
Originally Posted by Carl_Ross
The SL on Sendero Man's rifle above and the EH3 on this one are both quite light. It is lighter than the edge filled Classic I had on before it.

[Linked Image]

Good looking rifle...details? What barrel contour and length, and any idea on weight of rifle without optics?

I'm liking the looks of that EH3, but isn't Tom working on a stock similar to the EH3 but even a little trimmer with a more rounded bottom around the mag well?

Kevin

6mmBR w/Manners SL

[Linked Image]
For those that have had both how does the Manners SL compare to the McMillan mountain rifle pattern???
Originally Posted by KDF

Good looking rifle...details? What barrel contour and length, and any idea on weight of rifle without optics?

I'm liking the looks of that EH3, but isn't Tom working on a stock similar to the EH3 but even a little trimmer with a more rounded bottom around the mag well?

Kevin

Thanks, it has a Bartlein #3 @ 24" with a decent shank section, probably 3" of shank. Basically a GAP Non-typical from when they were 700 based.

IIRC it's 9 lb 2 oz with the LRHS (25 oz) and Talleys (2 oz). My math puts it at 7 lb 7 oz sans optics.

Manners did say they would be working on some newer stocks, though I have to say the EH3 works really well for me.
for those asking about something a little trimmer I think they are working on a new pattern for next year per Tom Manners on another thread I was following here on the campfire
Manners SL

[Linked Image]

Manners EH-3

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Another EH-3

[Linked Image]

How about some more info on bottom gun. Metal color? Barrel contour?
That's my 223AI. Rem 700 sent off to Long Rifles for their full boat. Brux #3 contour, 8 twist, 23". Badger M5 bottom metal with AI 223 mag. Seekins 20 MOA base. All cerakoted in coyote tan. Needs to be bedded into the stock, and the pillars are too short or my action screws are too long.... Stock was ordered for #3 with 1" shank but I'll need to open up the channel a little bit as the Brux doesn't slide right in.

Still haven't shot it as its hunting season!
sexy sticks Marty !!
Thanks Scott. You and Pat give great advice but my wife says you're bad influences!!
Very nice rifles Kimber7!! Once hunting season winds down, I may bribe you with a beverage(s) of your choice to take a peek through those LRHSs as I'm considering one.
Deal. Meet you at Tom's!!
That'll work!
Originally Posted by Sendero_man
Manners GAT stock
GAP 6mm Crusader
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Manners T5 .308
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Manners T5A .338LM long range dogger grin
[Linked Image]
[img]http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/GAP_1.JPG[/img]

Manners SL, 100% Carbon fill, 6.5 SAUM

Coming soon grin

Sendero Man:

Those two bottom stock photos, did you paint those? If not, who did? Very nice. What is your barrel length and contour on that rifle?

Thanks,

Jordan
© 24hourcampfire