Home
Looking for feed back on what everyone is running? Wanting to get the longest COL I can. Its going on a custom 260.
http://www.atlasworxs.com/cart/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=8

That or Badger M5 would probably work pretty well.....
Anything that will run the Alpha Type II mags. It'll get you a 2.965" COAL.

http://www.alphaindmfg.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=51

They're good mags. I use them on my 260AI.

Edited to add, it will require some minor mods to the action.
I like the surgeon dbm a lot. It will take aics, aiaw, and alpha mags... Whatever your action is set up to run. Also it is very easy to release the mag with your trigger finger based on it's paddle design. It is also pretty flush compared to a lot of the other units out there with long mag release. Just my 2 cents.
My AICS mags both allow 2.900" with the reinforcing plate installed, and 2.990" with it removed. Center feed is a thing of beauty when it comes to functionality...
I'm running the stiller with AW double stack mags and it's 2.95"+. You have to have an action that is set up to use the AW's though because they need a wider feed ramp. If you're running a rem action you'll want to go Alpha II's or the AICS with the plate removed that Jordan mentioned.

A lot of the different brands of bottom metal will take AICS mags now. It's a matter of whether you want metal that's more flush with the stock and what type of mag release you want. I've been eyeing the APA or the seekins bottom metal for my next build.

PTG makes one called a stealth that can be had on sale right now for about $75 and I think that's about your cheapest option. I ordered one and a couple of flush mount versions for $99 each.

Bb
Thanks for all the info. Do any of you have pictures of your setups?
PTG is selling their "Stealth" DBM right now for $75 for a short action. That price can't be beaten. It fits in a Badger M5 inlet, and has great reviews.
I'm really liking the M16 release (seekins) vs the pole vault style myself....
I'm pretty sure the seekins s/a is out of stock everywhere.. frown
Yeah Roger, but but good shiet is worth waiting....
I need to get my chit up and running.

I talked to the girl at seekins a few weeks ago and she sounded like a zombie. They're buried..
Here's a pic of my favorite DBM.

Simply can't be beat.
You should have your DBM cerekoted black Ken. The Bright white doesn't look good IMO.
You may be right Stoney.

It is super light though!
Are all these based off of the badger inlet for the stock or is each one unique?
Originally Posted by KS257
Looking for feed back on what everyone is running? Wanting to get the longest COL I can. Its going on a custom 260.

Just buy a AI stock. Problem solved. The only reason not to do so (all others pale) is weight, and if you are concerned about weight, then why go with a 10rd DBM?
10 round?
Take a look at the APA system.
will the stealth dbm take accurate mags? I need a magazine with a longer OAL than 2.850.
Was not looking for a 10 round mag just the 5 to get my COL where it needs to be on a short action build.
APA has the cleanest set up for a dbm out there. It looks and functions great.

it would be my first choice for gun i was going to hunt with.

a word of caution

I built a 260 some years ago, I was all obsessed with speed so I had it chambered with a long i think 100thousandths reamer to seat the bullet long and get max speed

it shot great but I had to run modified aics mags or alpha mags, I will never run alpha mags again, i had more issues with those than previous mags.

if i were to do it again, i would set up my chamber to work with an unmodified aics mag, and keep things simple

what brass are you going to shoot?

if rem, win or other why not run a 6.5 creed? its a little shorter will give you more flexibiltiy or better yet a 6.5x47?
excellent brass, havent heard a report of one not hammering

I am all about function and accuracy over speed now myself

best of luck on the project
You could always run a wyatts box with a bdl floorplate. Also PTG makes some bdl bottom metal they call canoe style that bumps down a bit with an Obendorf style floorplate release. It's supposed to work well with a Wyatts and allow the follower to clear all the way down potentially giving you 1 extra round. My 300 WSM had a Wyatt's box on a predator action and I can only go 2 down and the follower hangs up at the back on the factory rem bdl floorplate. I may try a PTG canoe style on it soon.

Bb
Shooter

That APA setup is cool and very clean looking. How hard is it to release the mag while in a shooting position? Do you have pictures of your rifle with it?
For a hunting rifle- APA.

For a tactical-style rifle that requires fast mag changes- paddle release
[Linked Image]

I have the RD Precision, which is very similar to the APA, although the RD paddles are a little wider. The mag is very easy to release from the shooting position. Just extend your trigger finger and push.
I've got a Seekins in a manners T stock. Love it.
Originally Posted by ShootOne
[Linked Image]

Sweet rifle, APA knob as well? I've got a 6.5x47 coming with the APA bottom metal.
© 24hourcampfire